The End Is Near(4)

Tubbo POV

I was running late to my meeting! I'm sorry for not stopping and chatting Tommy. At least I said hi. But I needed to make this meeting and if not I knew the consequences.

/TIME SKIP\

"Mr. Schlatt I am sorry that I was late. I have no valid excuse as to why." I said. Hopefully this wasn't my doom. Imagine what Tommy would do if I faced the consequences.

However how did he know that the other person would pull through for him? He hates the government after all.

"Ah Tubbo your lucky he is running late because he went to pick up George." I heard Big Q say.

"Thanks Mr. Quackity!" I say with so much excitement that today was not my last day.

I looked at him and I could tell that he might not be such a bad person after all. Maybe I miss understood him.

A few minutes later Schlatt and George walked in. They seem to have done something that they felt was 'good'. But lord knows what they think is good and bad.

"Ah Tubbo, Quackity~" Schlatt said with a grin. "Glad you were on time...unfortunately I was a bit late tending to some businesses." He said eyeing me down.

Did he know? Was this it? Or a warning that if I wasn't then he had his ways to find out. Ether way I now was about to be forced to sit through this boring meeting.

/TIME SKIP\
+
Quackity POV

"Adios George and Tubbo!" I beamed acting fine.

"Quackity. Was Tubbo on time?" Schlatt scolded me I knew that if I lied Tubbo would be fine. However I would not. I'm use to being beat.

But if I tell on Tubbo that means one less day for him. I don't and he still has a day, but I get beat.

"Yes he did I was here only a minute before he came and I had came early just as you asked Schlatt." I said.

I was good at lying but at what time do I stop? I don't know. I have made it a bad habit to lie in order to get out of tight situations or to save someone else.

"Are you positive. Because if your lying you and Tubbo will be in trouble." He said. And sometimes I feel as if he knows but he asks me to see what I say or do. Soon he dismissed me.

"Finally." I mutter. I see Tubbo waited for me. That's a good sign right?

"Ayo Big Q! Wanna hang out? I have a place not too far from here!" Tubbo called out to me as I climb the steps down carefully.

As we walk into the forest we pass by Wilbur and Tommy's makeshift house.

"You ever regret exiling Tommy?" Tubbo asked me. I kinda was speechless I mean feel bad for helping exile them. It was a shit move on my part. But it's what Schlatt wanted. I can't say no to him.

"Do you? I mean yeah I do but I had to. Ya know something? I wish I could see him again." I replied.

"Same but not the wanting to see him part. Quackity I kinda need to tell you that I've been seeing Tommy in secret and I figured I would let you see him again on the way to my house if you wanted to." Wow.

Tubbo really just said all of that to me. He must really trust me.

"Wow Tubbo that um...Yeah if I can I would love to see him but the thing is would he want to see me?" I said.

I mean I would visit him everyday if only I knew he wanted to see me. I was given permission to see him. From Schlatt himself but I did not want to show my face to him ever again until I knew he forgave me for laughing as he was banished form the very nation him and his brother built with their bare hands.

I don't think many people would be forgiven easy if they were me. And had messed up as badly as me.

"I can see because I need to say my finally goodbye before I face the consequences for my actions of showing up late to the meeting." He said with a slight gasp.

"If there is one thing I can tell you it that he wont check anytime soon. I told him you showed up on time." I said. And for once It was words of truth and words of honor.

"YOU DID WHAT?! YOU KNOW WHATS GONNA HAPPEN IF...NO NOT IF WHEN HE FINDS OUT THAT YOU LIED AND THE FACT YOU LIED FOR A LOWER RANK THAN YOU!" Tubbo shouted.

He looked like he was about to cry. Did he think that I also had a slow painful death for something I did wrong? I hope not but oh well who am I to know...

Tubbo POV

"If there is one thing I can tell you it that he wont check anytime soon. I told him you showed up on time."

He...lied for me? Why would Quackity lie for me?! We just became friends. Something wasn't right. He is gonna  get us both killed not just him.

"YOU DID WHAT?! YOU KNOW WHATS GONNA HAPPEN IF...NO NOT IF WHEN HE FINDS OUT THAT YOU LIED AND THE FACT YOU LIED FOR A LOWER RANK THAN YOU!" I yelled.

I was furious in the moment and then I just wanted to cry and cry. I was about to get him killed because of my foolish act. Up until now I know he was abused by Schlatt.

His own husband. I can't be okay knowing someone like him was going to die. From the man himself. The hater of governments. The Blood God. In my emotions of anger and distress.

I did what I would do if Tommy was here. I hugged Quackity tight and had no intention of letting him go anytime soon. He hugged back and comforted me. I was surprised at how well he was at it.

Tommy POV

I went out to do my berry picking when I heard someone yell then I heard soft sobbing from not to far away. I went to see who it was...

It looked like Tubbo. But who was Tubbo hugging? Wait.

QUACKITY?! WHY WAS HE HUGGING THAT BITCH HE RUINED MY LIFE!

"Quackity please say your not going to die because I showed up late again..." Tubbo said with tears streaming down his face.

"Nah that old man ain't got nothing on me. If he killed his husband what else might people think about him hm?"

1090 words, edited
(I'm not trying hard to edit these so their still is going to be a lot of mistakes!)