Liked him back

They were never dating, never. They just call each other names in public and left it as that. In private is a different story. A hand is held. Secrets are kept. And maybe a few pecks on the check are allowed. Only a few. Anti-Fred and Anti-Izzy somehow managed to get together and start enjoying each others company, although they have not verbally expressed it with one another. They've never officially dated, but there was always one thing they looked forward to every weeks end.

     Movie night.

     It was fun to sit down on Anti-Fred's bed and watch movies from the few channels Hit the Target had or watch movies from a DvD that Anti-Fred would smuggle. Although he wanted to break free from his evil roots, he found it innocent enough to steal a movie, watch it, and return it to its rightful place in an hour or so. Sometimes, they would have popcorn, but most of the time they just sat there mutually enjoying the movie. If they were in the mood, they would choose a bad movie and laugh over its bad camera angles or bad directing.

     One night, they were watching a movie that was showing on the cable. Anti-Fred couldn't leave the castle without anyone knowing, so he had to settle for the television for now. He was sharing a blanket with Anti-Izzy, who was avoiding all physical contact with him.

     "This movie is cute, isn't it?" Anti-Fred asked when the commercial break came on.

     "It could be better," Anti-Izzy said, being salty.

     "How so?" Anti-Fred asked, trying to spark up a conversation.

     "Remove the jokes, remove the romance, remove it all. It's corny and awful. Honestly eighth graders don't deserve love like that," Anti-Izzy replied, crossing her arms within the blanket.

     "Quite a strong opinion. Kinda harsh, don't you think?" Anti-Fred asked.

     Anti-Izzy shook her head and said, "I stand by what I said." Anti-Fred just nodded and left it as that. Although she had harsh opinions, he still liked her just the same. "Liked," because he did not know if he actually loved her. He did feel that spark though, he just didn't know if she felt that same spark too. Then, as she used his shoulder as a pillow, he smiled, as a thought ran past his head.

      She might have liked him back too.