Shades of blue

The weather served well for Seth. It was another sunny hot day in Stampy's Lovely World, and he wanted to make the most of it. So, he went out to purchase some swimming trunks and take a dip into the water.

     He hadn't been in the water ever since he saved Fred from drowning so many months ago. Now he wanted to swim to beat the summer heat. He admitted that he was very used to such immense heat for so long considering that Hit the Target's castle was surrounded by a pit of lava and there was nothing he could do about the excess heat other than stick his head out the window, but now he had various ways to overcome the feeling of overheating.

     Including taking a dive into the water.

     He walked over near the lighthouse, where the water was wonderfully blue and clear. The waves crashed onto the elevated land, with a few drops landing on his leg. It was cold, which made Seth smile. He placed a towel on the ground and placed a few heavy things on it so that it wouldn't fly away by an unexpected gust of wind. He then took off his shirt and placed it on the towel, then he took off his open toes shoes and walked over to the edge of the land. Placing the goggles over his eyes, he took a deep breath and dove right in.

     Bubbles surrounded him as his body got adjusted to the sudden change in temperature. He twirled around for a few seconds before coming back up to the surface to take in a breath of air. He treaded the water and laughed gleefully, He splashed in the water before going back underwater to see what wonderful presents it held. A fish swam right past him, and he watched it as it glided through the water. He decided to do a few dolphin kicks to follow it. He was able to follow it for a good minute before he absolutely had to come back to the surface to inhale the air.

     He was quite some distance away from the land, but it was nothing he couldn't handle.

     Suddenly a voice behind him chanted, "Hey Seth! Nice to see you here!" Seth screamed as he quickly turned to see Amy behind him, her smile fading. "Oh! Did I scare you? I'm so sorry!"

     "No, it's alright Amy! How are you doing today?" Seth asked, catching his breath.

     "I've been great! Thanks for asking! Are you taking a swim in the water? How fun! Say, there's plenty of things deeper in the water! May I show you?" Amy asked.

     "I could love to see it Amy!" Seth said, smiling. He rubbed the back of his head as his smile turned upside down. "But I can't hold my breath as long you can. I wouldn't be able to survive as long."

     "That's not a problem Seth! Just wait here for a moment," Amy said as she dove down into the water, her tail splashing Seth. Seth shielded his eyes with his arm as he waited for Amy. After a few moments, Amy came up and held a conch shell with both of her hands. She handed it to Seth. "Here. Just breathe in and out of it. It'll help you breathe underwater!"

     Seth did as he was told. He took in a deep breath of the shell, tasting and smelling nothing, for it had no scent. He gave the shell back to Amy, who placed it back into the water. He wondered if it actually did anything, because he did not feel any different than before.

     "Give it a try Seth!" Amy said happily. They both dived down into the water, and hesitantly, Seth took in a big breath underwater.

     To his surprise, he was able to breathe just fine. He smiled as he looked at Amy, who signaled for him to follow her. He swam after her, trailing behind her as he wasn't the best swimmer around. He took note of how freely her hot pink hair flowed through the water, how her light blue crown on the top of her head faintly shone that created a small halo of light on the top of her head. Her light pink tail sparkled as the rays of light hit her scales.