One

chapter one
(FLASHBACK)

You felt the fire run through your veins, and the burning flames resting on your hands.

Your body was at a combusting maximum temperature and the amount of power you had satisfied you.

This was how you always wanted it to be. Or how you thought you wanted it to be. Everyone's bound to be power hungry at some point.

Some people have a reason, and some people just do it for fun. You did have a reason.

None of it mattered anymore.

This the most powerful you had ever been.

Everything you had ever been through would be taken out on the man who could have stopped it all; Spider-Man.

You had found out his secret identity, boo-hoo.

It was quite a sob story that Peter Parker (Spider-Man) failed to save the two people he loved the most.

The first being his uncle, and somewhat recently, he lost his girlfriend, Gwen Stacy. He stopped pulling his punches for a bit until he found out about you.

You were back for revenge, and that suddenly brought him back to life. The city was in a drought of superheroes. No one was there to help the people who needed saving. Spider-Man wasn't there.

Spider-Man deserved what you were about to do.

You had lost everything to a massive fire in your home. You lost your family, friends, your whole life.

God, you wished there wasn't a gathering in your house that night.

And that monstrous fire gave you the powers you were burdened with. Not that the powers aren't extraordinary; but they're a constant reminder that you couldn't save the people that you loved the most.

You didn't have any superpowers at the time it happened. You were no superhero; but Spider-Man was.

After Gwen died, he decided that he would take it out on New York City and the whole world. He was off duty because of his girlfriend's death. He could have prevented the death of the people you loved, but he was too selfish.

He had vowed to protect the city, and everyone felt secure because of that. But when he disappeared one day, everyone was scared and unsure of how to protect themselves anymore.

You were seventeen like him, and you were living alone in an alleyway at this point. You had nothing after the fire.

The fire granted you the power of pyrokinesis. You could manipulate fire, and you were now immune to burning or anything of the sort. You could summon your own fireballs and everything.

You weren't sure why or how you got these powers, but you knew exactly what cause they would be used for.

They would be used to take down Peter Parker once and for all.

He really wasn't good at keeping his secret identity a secret, was he?

"(Y/N), You don't have to do this!" Peter yelled, as you floated over the top of the building fireballs resting in your hot hands.

"My name is Inferno!" You roared, your eyes turning from their original color to a fuming red color that reflected your powers.

Everything was burning. Your mind, your body. All you saw was red. It was hard to think back to what you once had.

Not so long ago, you had somewhere to go. You had a home. You had your people. You would have never guessed you would have superpowers and be fighting the city's hero.