Seven

A light came from the box. "Peter!" Norman yelled, banging on his cell.

"Peter!" You pleaded.

Peter sighed and webbed the box. "Don't!" Strange ordered.

Peter grabbed the box with his web and then webbed Strange to the outside of Sandman's cell. Ned gasped at Peter's actions. What was Parker doing? He was... saving you over his friend, mentor, whatever Strange is to him.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Ned yelled.

"Peter, you better go. Go!" MJ shouted.

Peter took of running, as Strange escaped from the web he was wrapped up in. Sandman also tried to leave, but he smacked into the cell, almost falling over. Strange sighed in annoyance at Peter's actions.

"This is why I never had kids," he muttered.

The two of them moved the fight outside, while you and the rest of the villains and Ned and MJ stood in shock. You were actualy rooting for Peter this time. Your fate depends on him. If not, the wizard will kill you.

Moments later, Peter dived into the room through a portal, the box and a ring in his hand. He looked back into the portal. 

"I have to try," he spoke.

The portal then closed. Ned and MJ ran up to Peter. "Dude, what happened?" Ned exclaimed.

"I just had a fight with Doctor Strange and I totally won!" Peter exclaimed.

"What?!" Ned gasped.

"Look, I stole his ring thing."

Ned took the ring off Peter's finger and put it on his instead. "Whoa!"

"I was swinging through the city and then I went through this massive mirror thing. And then I was back in the city."

Peter then pulled his mask off, sweating.

"Where is he? Where is-" MJ started.

"Uh, he's trapped, but I'm not sure for how long."

Otto raised an eyebrow. "You could have just left us to die. Why didn't you?"

"Cause that's not who he is," MJ smiled.

"I think I can help you guys. If I can fix what happens to you, then when you go back, things will be different, and you might not die fighting Spider-Man," Peter explained.

"What do you mean 'fix us'?" Max questioned.

"Look our technology is advanced and I'm-"

"I can help you. You know, I'm something of a scientist myselg. Octavius knows what I can do," Norman smiled.

"Show off," You muttered.

"'Fix?' You mean like a dog? I refuse," Otto retorted.

"I agree," You nodded.

Peter looked tired. He seemed like he wanted to help, but it could just be an act. You didn't trust Peter, especially because he is a Spider-Man. You couldn't trust your Peter to help you, so why would you trust this Peter?

"I can't promise you guys anything. But at least this way you actually get to go home and have a chance... a second chance. I mean, come on. Isn't that worth trying?"

Peter looked straight at you.

"Trust me, Parker, you can't just magically get a second chance at something. If that was possible, I wouldn't be where I am now," You sighed.

"Y/N-" Peter started.

"You shouldn't call me that."

He stopped talking. "Trust me, Peter. When you try to fix people there are always consequences," Connors spoke.

"I mean, you don't have to come. I also didn't know you could talk."

Connors shrugged at Peter's statement,

"But if you stay here... you're gonns have to deal with the wizard."

"Ah, so we go along or die. Not much of a choice, is it?" Connors scoffed.

"I just want to go home," Sandman sighed.

Sandman looked the most upset out of everyone. You had no one to go back to anyways. You were living off of revenge. You had no purpose other than getting revenge. It's sad, but it's the truth.

"Well, I myself don't want to be killed, especially by a guy dressed like Dungeons and Dragons, so what's your plan?" Max decided.

"I have it all under control," Peter replied, clearly lying.

He then pulled Ned and MJ aside, whispering to them. After some conversation, MJ had the box in her hand. She looked serious, while Ned stood beside her. You managed to overhear some parts of their conversation. MJ was taking the box with her.

"But Peter, I swear, if I don't hear from you, I'm pressing the button," MJ spoke, her voice getting louder.

"Sure," Peter smiled.

"Okay."

"And I will do it!" MJ added, waving the box in the direction of you and the others.

"Yeah, we all believe you, Michelle," Max muttered.

"She'll do it," Peter agreed.

"Absolutely. She will," Ned added.

The friends said their goodbyes, and Peter turned to everyone else. "So, uh... who's coming with me?"

Norman and Otto seemed to be considering. You weren't quite sure about trusting a Spider-Man.

"Well, I'm in. If this goes sideways, imma fry you from the inside out," Max threatened.

Everyone was then released from their cell, and most of the villains went outside. You were left alone with Peter. He walked over to you, staring into your eyes. He wasn't much taller than you, and he had the most innocent look on his face. He looked so... pure. Would he really harm you like your Peter?

"Y/N... I don't know if I can call you that or not... Are you coming?" he asked.

"I don't know, Parker. The last time I trusted Spider-Man to help me, I lost everything," You sighed.

 "I wouldn't do that to you, ever. I swear. Think about coming, please?"

And with that, Peter walked off. Why was he so sweet to you? All you ever did was yell at him...

You took a deep breath and ran to catch up to Peter. You were going to let him cure you.