Chapter 18 - Bliss

Jimin

Jimin

After I watched Taehyung storm out, I stood in the closet for a while trying to gather my thoughts. What am I doing? I don't even like him. I like Ara.

A pang of guilt hit me when I remembered how upset Ara was when she saw Jungkook and I making out. And now I've made out with Taehyung too. I'm an idiot!

I smoothed out the wrinkles in my shirt and nervously walked toward the kitchen to find Ara's confused face. "What's wrong?" I asked, trying to keep my voice neutral.

"Umm, I don't know. Tae and Jungkook looked so tense and then they left suddenly. Did I do something wrong?" She asked innocently.

The guilt I felt tripled when she dropped her head, sticking her bottom lip out in a pout. She's upset again.

"I'm sure they'll work it out. Whatever that may be. Do you want me to leave?" I asked, trying not to sound like I was secretly trying to convince her to let me stay.

"No. Will you stay for a bit longer?" She replied shyly.

"Of course! Ahem, ahem... I mean yes...if you want me to," I said clearing my throat to cover my inappropriate level of excitement. Calm down Jimin.

She smiled softly, before offering me a cup of tea. 

~

We sat at the table, talking about everything and nothing. We could have talked about the weather and I would have been over the moon. I just wanted to spend as much time as I could getting to know her, and being close to her. 

As we talked, she would randomly blush at little things she mentioned, like how she loved the smell of rain, or how she watched videos of kittens when she was sad. I could feel myself falling more and more in love with her. She's perfect.

I found myself just watching her. Intently studying her timeless features and thanking the universe for giving me the chance to know someone as amazing as her. When she giggled, I couldn't help but crack a smile. She made my heart feel as light as a feather. 

~

"So I was wondering...you can say no...but would you like to stay the night? It's just that it's late...and I would feel terrible if you fell asleep behind the wheel and had an accident," she said looking up at me through the strands of her hair.

Dae bak! This is really happening! Stay calm Jimin, stay calm. 

"Only if it's okay with you... I can sleep on the sofa?" I said with my ecstatic smile hidden as best as I was able.

"Ohh...well...I thought you could sleep in my room...like on the floor or...on my bed?" Her voice raised at the end, almost in a question. I'm sorry, what?!  My body felt completely overloaded; it was screaming BEEEEDDDD at the top of its lungs.