Chapter 62 - Jikook Forever

Jungkook

Jungkook

"So when are you going to propose to Ara, Jimin-ah? It's been 2 weeks since we bought the rings, and Tae Tae is talking about doing it on Friday," I said concernedly, "...I mean, there's no rush but Ara sounds like she's getting ready to start the next chapter of her life, and you haven't even given any indication when you're doing it."

Jimin looked at me with a worried expression, and I internally cringed. He's doubting himself. "Jimin-ah, do you want me to help you?" I asked in a reassuring tone. He bit his lip and looked away; nodding shyly. "Okay...what have you thought so far?" I asked, taking a seat across from him at the table.

He nervously fiddled with his hands as he spoke; "Umm, well...I was thinking of taking her to the Korea National Arboretum...and maybe have a picnic by the lake there?... Do you think she would like that?... I'm really worried Jungkookie... I just want her to be happy." He loves her so much. "Jimin-ah, I think that sounds perfect! I don't know why you're second-guessing yourself for. Even I would love that..." I said, subtly hinting that I too was waiting for his proposal.

Jimin caught on and smiled sadly. "Jungkookie, I'm sorry I'm so focused on Ara... You know I love you right?... I just want to propose to her first because I don't want her thinking I've changed my mind...and then I will 1000% give you the best proposal ever! I've already planned all of it, so don't you worry about that!" He exclaimed.

His confession caught me off-guard because truthfully I thought he had forgotten about me since Ara and Tae arrived. I had tried in the past to not let it get to me, but over time I realised just how much I wanted Jimin. It was hard watching him fan-girl over Ara and attend to her every need, without so much as a second thought. And I could tell Tae felt the same. We had discussed how we wanted to propose to Jimin, but both of us felt a little scared that maybe he didn't actually want to marry us. That maybe it was like a passing phase for him. And I had started to believe that...until now. He's got a plan...to marry ME!

I smiled a big bunny smile and pulled him up, so I could hug him tightly. "I love you so much Jimin-ah!" I cried out, peppering kisses on his neck. He giggled and hugged me back equally as tight; "I love you too silly." We both swayed each other from side to side for five minutes or so, before we separated. "Sooo...do I get any hints?" I teased. Jimin just chuckled and shook his head; "Nope, you will have to wait and see... But trust me...you'll love it!"

~

Jimin

I finalised the reservation for Ara and I to visit the Arboretum, and lay back exhausted on the bed. How can I organise Jungkook's proposal so easily, but Ara's near kills me?

~Flashback~

"Hey Suga, I was wondering if you were free on the 13th of next month? I have something planned for Jungkook, and I wanted someone to film it," I asked nervously over the phone. "Hmm, what sort of thing?" He asked half suspicious and half uninterested. I could feel sweat starting to form on my forehead as I contemplated whether I should just tell him now or surprise him later.