Chapter 16

(Natsu's P.O.V.)

It was the second day of the GMG, and Lucy and Laila were no where to be found.

"Due to some...difficulties, Fairy Tail B has been disqualified!" The announcer said. "Putting Saber Tooth in 1st place, and Fairy Tail A...at the very bottom."

I could hear our entire guild grumble as he said that, but right now, my mind was elsewhere.

"Where is she?!"

"I don't know. Probably somewhere banging someone." Lisanna muttered, bitter.

"For once will you just shut up, Lisanna?" I hissed at her, earning many confused looks from my guild mates.

She was about to say something, but I cut her off. "You have always bashed on Lucy! Even when she returned you'd bash on her! Maybe she's not the slut, but you are. Actually, no, but a whore. An attention whore."

The entire stadium seemed to be silenced.

I let out a huff of annoyance and stomped off. Happy, for once, didn't follow me.

~

I arose from my bed when I heard a sudden knock.

Laila was in the bathroom corner, muttering about how this was all her fault.

I immediately guessed it was someone from the Magic Council or the guild, telling me Laila has to go or I'm off the guild.

I mean...I didn't care! Let them come!

I'll beat all of their sorry asses! I don't need Fairy Tail, people, friends or...

"Natsu?"

For a few brief moments I stared at him in disbelief, but soon regained my posture.

"Yah know, I don't even care about your sucky guild anymore! Let them all burn! Good da--"

"What?"

"They...didn't tell you?"

He shook his head. I noticed his hair was even messier then usual, and he was sweating while panting heavily was it possible he...was looking for me?

"Lucy, what the heck is goin' on here? Everyone is acting weird!" He didn't even bother to use my nickname, so he was serious. Dead serious.

Bringing him inside, I decided to explain.

Everything.

~

Afterwards, Natsu just shook his head, sighing. "Luce I...I don't know what to say..."

I let out a humorless chuckle. "Ah, so I have finally silence Dragneel, eh?"

"But Laila..."

"Yes, I'm a dragon." Looking over I noticed Laila who was striding out, her eyes showing no traces of tears. "I'm sorry we had to lie, Natsu..."

Natsu sighed. "No, I'm sorry for what I did, for what I said."

I smiled. "You're not that bad, Natsu."

He grinned, and his sudden childishness returned. "Thanks!"

"But--"

I was never able to finish my sentence, for at that moment...

We all died.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Almost.