besties for the resties

Yeah i have to explanation for how late this chapter was other than the fact i had some writers block and loss of motivation, and the fact that for the past months ive been writing essays and doing stupid fucking projects non stop . i have no idea when this chapter will come out with rn its 7/2/22 so thats cool, im going to sleep now ill write this tmrw lmao 

Wilbur POV:

Techno trailed behind me as I basically skipped through town. Today was basically my only off day from being stuck behind paperwork and it was awesome. It seemed like winter last time I'd been outside, but now the sun was shining, and it was warm with a crisp breeze. 

I wanted to go to the more populated areas of the towns, and the nearby ones as well. But Techno warned me, being in town as a prince is the last thing I would want. I would never be peaceful if a crowd of people were surrounding me at all times. At least that's what Techno told me anyways. 

Urgent to explore every inch of the town, I started with the outskirts. Weaving through small crowds and using the protection of my brother to keep out of trouble. Some roads were large with many ways of transportation and people of all ages swarming the streets. Those were the areas a stayed away from, veering closer to the paths or under the overhang of buildings. 

I chatted with Techno along the way, trying to make conversation out of anything, the weather, the castle, the people, or even just school, his fighting practices, literally ANYTHING. After many awkward topics, we finally seemed to settle. I asked Techno about his friends, already trying to assuming his answer before he even responded. But Technoblade is always full of surprises apparently.

"Actually yes Wilbur, I've made a few...  acquaintances." He said, a proper just unconfident tone in his voice.

"Oh really?" I raised my eyebrows and kicked a few pebbles from under my feet as we walked.

"Yeah, um-well. In sword fighting I was practicing with this kid named 'sapnap'. He was pretty funny and talked about his friends a lot." He shuffled his feet a bit as he walked beside me.

"Hm" I acknowledged

"Yeah, and I also met this lady- I think her name was Niki- at this bakery and garden with plants and stuff. It was nice."

My mouth opened and I accidentally let out a small squeak, Techno snapping his head in my direction, "Sorry sorry just THIS IS SO EXCITING! You always talk about how you don't need or want friends! But look at you now. I told you you'd turn around and change your-" Suddenly my voice faded off

I heard a loud group of snickering from ahead of me. Techno also perked up a bit, acknowledging it. Honestly that just sounded like trouble.

"Hey maybe we should go down a different road." Techno suggested casually.

"Techno don't be ridiculous, it's probably a bunch of teens fuckin' around or getting high or some shit." 

"Sure Wilbur, just don't get any ideas" He snickered softly.

"PLEASE Techno, I would NEVER. Phil would absolutely kill me." I threw my arms for dramatic effect.

"yeah you would be a dead man walking." He smiled back 

I was about to continue walking when something fell right in front of my feet. I staggered back, flailing my arms until stable on my feet, then looked down. I looked at my feet and saw a small boy sprawled out on the concrete floor, chest down. Immediately I looked to my right and saw a huge ass crew in the space between 2 buildings. 

Alarmed, I looked at Techno who was staring down the teen in the middle of their group, clearly standing out in front of the rest, fists slightly bloodied. The kids slowly started to back down the alley. I turned my attention back to the kid rolling on the floor.