That day

So this head canon belongs to @spongebob-is-my-life from tumblr and this inspiration makes me want ot do a story about it! https://randomizers-posts.tumblr.com/post/673224996412440577/i-think-the-reason-why-squidward-wasnt-at

Sandy is preparing her lunch when a ring of the door in her tree dome made her notice the sound. She exits her house and heads towards the metal door.

There she saw Spongebob with flowers and a present holding both in his hands, he smiled "hi sandy!" Feeling so energetic he gave sandy flowers "Wow! Uh, Spongebob! Thanks for the flowers and the present!"

Spongebob blushed "your welcome sandy! What do you plan on doing today?" Sandy finds a vase filled with water and puts the flowers on it.

"Eh nothin' much just fixin' my inventions which failed to work, what about you Spongebob?" Sandy asked, "well I really want to hang out more often with you sandy but I just want to give you some things before I say anything."

Sandy feeling a bit confused Spongebob takes a deep breath and his heart beats faster "I love you sandy! More than a friend!" Sandy was shocked, she had heard him once. "Oh Spongebob I like--" Spongebob jumped in the air and cuts sandy off. "WOOHOOO"

"SpongeBob!" Sandy called him. "SPONGEBOB!" Spongebob finally heard sandy and got down. "You didn't let me finish!" She sighed "listen Spongebob, to tell you the truth... I like you as a friend.

And I don't like you as in love love, I have some important things to do in the future and we both can't be together because... we both are different! I'm a land mammal and you're a sea sponge."

Spongebob felt wet tears coming out of his eyes. He sat on the bench and cried, sandy frowned and felt bad about rejecting him. She gently comforts him and wipes off his tears.

"There, there now I'm sorry Spongebob but you're like the closest brother to me. Tell you what it's not the end of the world just because you got rejected by me, there are plenty of sea creatures you can find here!"

Spongebob sniffed. "So don't lose hope Spongebob! You are who you are and you never give up!" He smiled and hugged sandy "thank you and I'm sorry too sandy. I asked you out too early..." sandy pats Spongebob's back and blinks "Tell you what? What makes you cheer up is a pretend wedding!"

"A pretend what?" "A pretend wedding! This wedding is a play to make you cheer up! I'll be playing as a bride and you'll be the groom!" Spongebob giggled "that's a good idea sandy!" A beep of Spongebob's watch interrupted him. "Oh! I almost completely forgot to go to work! We'll do it later sandy! Bye!"

Sandy smiled "bye!" She sighed with relief "ah thank goodness... hm might as well set up the play and the invitations"

Meanwhile

Spongebob skip walked on his kitchen putting the ingredients on and onto the Krabby patty, Spongebob hums a love song called to love like you by Rebecca sugar.

He hummed the tune to the right rhythm, Squidward hearing the song that he recently listened to while he was back at home. He peered through the window seeing Spongebob enjoying the song while humming. He then sang it out loud with his mouth.

"I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love"

He stopped singing and notice Squidward staring at him, Squidward feeling a bit flustered. Spongebob couldn't tell how many minutes he had been staring at him, so he pops up in front of him.

"Hey, Squidward!" Spongebob said. Squidward feeling annoyed by the buffoon "are you coming this night at 7 pm?" Squidward pretends to read his magazine "what is it?" He said completely not interested in hanging out.