Drowning (Last Part)

A/N: Heya! I made a last part for the chapter You hate me. Since someone liked it :)

Synopsis: After Spongebob's mental breakdown happened. Squidward decides to stay in Spongebob's house.

------

"I'm sorry..." He apologized, wiping his tears from his hand. "I- I just couldn't take it anymore... I know this is the same thing you felt before Squidward... Always! I just wanted to help... I wanted to be useful and caring to someone... but- but they used me..." the cephalopod wiped the poriferan's tears.

"I know how that feels... But you helped me out, and it was just too late to realize that you just wanted to make me feel better..." The two went silent for a moment.

Spongebob broke the silence. "Thank you... Squidward..." He sniffed, and Squidward helped him get up. "Don't mind about it..." Spongebob sat on the bed and held both of his hands, Squidward sat next to Spongebob. "I'm gonna regret saying this..."

The cephalopod looked at the knife on the floor where he threw it, he looked back to Spongebob and opened his mouth. "I'm staying here until you get better..." Spongebob's eyes lit up to what Squidward had said.

"I mean- if you want to" "it's okay for me Squiddy..." The fry cook said in a plain tone.

Squidward furrowed his eyebrows and remember what Patrick told him.

"I kind of remember something... I saw him in a drug store once, years ago. I was buying extra bandaids for mine until I saw him go up to the counter. He asked something about- darn... what's it called again? Oxides? Oxygen? Toxin? Oh, right. Oxytocin. It's kind of a pill that makes you happy. I think it's a good thing but I'm not sure for him."

"Spongebob?" He looked at the young man's blue dull eyes in worry. "Why were you taking pills?" The sponge flinched in horror. "How did you-" 

"Please don't tell him that I told you about it! It's secret and only me and he are supposed to know only."

"It doesn't matter, why are you taking happy pills?" Spongebob looked down to his knees. "I never wanted to let everyone including you know that I take pills to make me happy. I never wanted you and everyone else to notice the real me, who I truly am behind my smile. But for what I feel behind my smile is sad..." (read the bold text)

Spongebob said those words slowly. Squidward felt something that stabbed his chest. A sinking feeling that realization, after all those years. He takes pills and always forgets when something bad hits him.

After all. He's like a clown who doesn't give a thing when someone makes fun of him.

No matter how many times...

------

Squidward was lying down on the bed, next to the poriferan who is sleeping peacefully. He turned to look at him with observant eyes. The sponge was a quiet sleeper, of course, the cephalopod knew that. Who doesn't? What questions inside of his mind is that... why can someone who is annoying sleep like a quiet and cute admirable angel?

This made him feel like having something in his stomach. Fluttering inside that he never wanted to have. But it felt good having it even if he liked it or not. 

"No..." The sponge muttered in his bed with fear. His head shifted left to right having a bad nightmare. "No... no, no, no... no!" Squidward got his attention from the sponge who was holding his neck choking himself. Squidward called him out. 

"Spongebob... SPONGEBOB! WAKE UP! YOU'RE DREAMING!" Squidward tried pulling out both of his hands strangling his neck. He could see Spongebob's tears start to stream out of his cheeks. Spongebob finally opened his eyes catching his breath and looked at Squidward who was looking at him with a worried face.

"Squidward...?" He looked down at both of his hands holding his neck, and Squidward's hands who were trying to pull out both of his hands. "I'm..." He puts down both of his hands and hugged Squidward with fear. "S-Squidward! It was... it was horrible! You weren't around and- and- someone who I knew from the past came back and- and then- they- they tried h-hitting me- a-and- and-" His words stuttered from his mouth. 

Squidward just closed his eyes and just let him rest. "Calm down..." Squidward said with his calm voice. The fry cook stopped ugging him and wiped his tears, while he was doing that. Squidward pulled out something in his pocket.

It made what Spongebob was feeling moments ago melt away once he saw what Squidward was holding.

"Do you... Remember this?" Squidward smiled weakly pointing out to his teddy. Spongebob was shocked by his expression. "Is that... the teddy bear that you won from a skill crane...?" Spongebob looked at the bear with his blue sparkling eyes reflecting from the moon's bright light.

it shined like pure blue light to Squidward's and made that feeling again. "No moron... The teddy bear that we both won together 5 months ago." Squidward gave his teddy bear to Spongebob and he holds it tightly.

"You were there too you know..." he lay down to a pillow, the same goes for the fry cook. But they both were facing each other's faces. "You helped me get my first stuffed toy out of a claw machine because of your help moron..." Squidward looked at the young man's adorable face smiling a little and looked away for staring too much.

"I never thought you would use this..." Spongebob looked at the teddybear. "Well, what do you expect me to do with it after getting it?" Squidward asked Spongebob. "Well- I thought you would put this on a desk as a collection..."

"Well, I use it as my snuggling teddy when I sleep... It... makes me feel safe." Squidward started to blush with purple color on his cheeks. "How does this teddy make you feel safe?" asked arrogantly.

"Well... I imagine hugging someone who I care about... I know it sounds cheesy but it's true..." Squidward buried his face in a blanket. Spongebob looked down. "Who?" He said quietly. "What?" the octopus failed to hear what the Sponge said and wanted to hear it again.

"Who... is that person you cared about?" Spongebob looked at his eyes with a beaming light of cobalt eyes. Squidward shined like a beautiful scarlet color. Now they both were staring at each other in silence. 

"It's..." Squidward looked at him and lean closer to his face. Noses almost touched and could feel each other's warmth of their body. The both of them blushed more until the colors came out.

"It's you..."

"It was always you..."

"Not anyone else..."

The two touch each other's lips as their feelings drowned them with love...

*inhales* THE END! sooo how did it go? I am pretty shawty narrating this detail but ehhh who cares? I write what I write.