Don't go...

Squidward opened the door on his house that is until he found SpongeBob passed out on the floor just inches away from his pineapple house. He takes a look at him just a few feet away seeing him just so carelessly on the floor.

It made him feel like he couldn't just stand by there or just leave him there be. He finally made a decision and closed his door in front of him, walking closer to him to help the yellow naive sponge get inside his pineapple house.

Squidward first tried to call him from behind "SpongeBob!" He didn't answer. But he could tell that because he can hear him breathing perfectly fine but his eyes were in deep shut. He also couldn't believe what he found out what Spongebob was holding in his right hand, it was an empty bottle of whiskey!

Squidward's face felt in utter shock. (Why do you have to drink more bottles of whiskey?!) He said on his mind, almost like he wants to scream or yell at him for drinking too much. Squidward picked Spongebob up gently on the sand, he could see him sleeping peacefully and one of the sponge's tiny hands clutching Squidward's shirt.

He sighed as deep as he could ever.. he had always been with him for years but even if he tried to avoid him and make some peace, he always or a little or just a teensy weensy bit missing him because he is stuck with him for his whole life.

Squidward closed the door behind him, he goes upstairs and puts him in his bed. "Alright, there you go I picked you up and put you in bed-" he almost stepped back but he heard his small mumbled noise "mmm... please..." he couldn't hear what Spongebob was saying so he comes closer to him "please... no... NO!" Spongebob started to cry while he was having a nightmare Squidward tried to calm him down.

"Shhhhh SpongeBob! It's okay it's just me!" He couldn't hear anything because he IS in a nightmare. Spongebob then moved his body right to left looked like he was getting grabbed by something.

Squidward started to feel worried and shook his shoulder. "Spongebob! Wake up you're scaring me! Sponge!!!" Squidward stopped shaking both of SpongeBob's shoulders, he slowly opened his eyes seeing a fainted blur. Once he looked up and saw it was...

"S-Squidward?..." SpongeBob was confused seeing Squidward's worried expression. "What am I..." he started to touch his cheek he could feel it dripping with tears. "What are you doing h-here?" He wiped his hands off his tears streaming down to his face.

"Spongebob are you okay?" Squidward asked him in a worried tone. Spongebob had a whisper on his other side (wow he does care about you doesn't he?) He spoke back
(shut up this is none of your business greenie!) He continued to look at Squidward and responded to him.

"Yeah I'm alright..but squid why are you in my house?..." Squidward sat next to him and explained, "I saw you passed out on the floor holding an empty whiskey bottle so I know you can't even barely move because of how much alcohol you drank."

Spongebob gave him a smuggling look "so you do care about me do you?" Squidward looked away embarrassed rushing all heat into his face. "No, I do not! I just can't resist leaving you alone there okay?!" Spongebob giggled.

"Doesn't prove that!" He smiled again and this time and Squidward admitted "alright! Alright! I admit it! I do care about you... just- stop with that smiling" SpongeBob then blushed "wait really?..." "pff yeah REALLY" he hugged him and it gave Squidward a surprise.

He let it slide for now since this is very an unexpected moment that happened to him. Squidward exhaled and hugged back. "Can you please stay just for one night?" He asked, looking at Squidward for getting an answer. "Please?" He pleaded at him. (ugh I couldn't help but stare at those blue eyes... dammit Spongebob why are you so cute...) Squidward thought. 

"Fine, fine but just one night, I'll just sleep on the couch" "But I want you to sleep here on the bed-" They both froze and SpongeBob realized what he just said. "with- me..." he finished his last two words that got cut out.

They both flushed and Squidward left speechless, he blinked and turned his head back to him. "Well since you're having nightmares that don't mean I'll leave you alone getting sucked up with your fears. I'll just have to agree"

SpongeBob smiled wider "Really?!" "Yeah yeah now scoot over! I don't want to hear your crying breakdown moment I just hate it when you cry okay?" Spongebob then goes next to him and grinned.

"Do you ever encounter nightmares?" He asked quietly looking above at the ceiling. The room goes quiet for a while and Squidward yawned "yeah I do sometimes... mostly the people who have always been hating me" he frowned a little and looked at him.

"They always called me a heartless freak, the non-certified talent, the most hated person in bikini bottom, the only loser who sucks eggs at high school. Like I always care because it is true" Spongebob went blank and whispered, "I don't believe to every word they say..." Squidward was confused.

"Huh?" "It's not true that those people say you're a loser Squidward. Don't feel down to yourself, you know not everyone hates you... besides, you got me as your company! Or the annoying neighbour you could say that dahahaha! What I meant to say is.." he paused for a moment and touched one of Squidward's tentacles.

"You have a talent Squidward and you know that deep down to yourself! I'm about to ask you this question, who told you to never give up on your dreams?" Squidward answered "You?" "And who made you a present just to make you feel special?" "You." "Who made you miss me when every single time you wished to avoid me?" "It's still you" "and who did you make the number one man in your side?" "You!" "Well, who tried to make you cheer up even if they can't?"

"You?..." "And last question..." he gulped so much of questions he spat out of his mouth making him rush all of his heat into his face. "Who tried to ask you out even if he tried to hint it to you? Even... if he is scared that he'll get rejected?..."

Squidward now finally understood what the sponge meant. He tried leaving all of his hints just to make him notice that Spongebob had affections to him in years but he was afraid that he'd get rejected. He kept his mouth shut and wants him to ask him out.

He thought that Squidward will never feel the same way is because of how he roles towards him. But the words leading all straight to hate him he didn't mean as he hated him for eternity. Everything hateful words he says to him leads to the boy who felt a bit hurt. Although on his other side, Squidward always felt bad when his emotions take it a bit too far.

"I know you hate me Squidward..." Spongebob said, with his voice in a deep tone. Squidward denied "no... I don't" "come again?" Spongebob said he did not just hear that from Squidward right? "I don't hate you... but I was just shocked about it, the answer well- it's you of course." "If you don't like me we'll just stay as friends" "no I like you. But let's just give it a bit of space, I don't want to move fast."

Spongebob puts up his blanket covering his mouth. "Does that mean that you-" "yes I like you too? You can say that many times as you want if it makes me okay with it." "Really?..." Spongebob then felt both touches on his shoulders and was pulled over by a warm open hug from Squidward.

"I'm gonna think that I'll kill myself before this... but I love you.." Spongebob closed his eyes and smiled faintly "I love you too squiddy..."

THEN THEY BOTH SLEPT TOGETHER THE END.

Ah yes, these two boyfriends can never 🤤😍😊