I was afraid!

This is from SpongeBob The Musical and also humanoid! This is another AU where Squidward joins the team after Patrick and Spongebob's friendship breaks and decides to help Sandy and Spongebob to climb up the mountain and throw the bubble device to save the town.

Summary: After Spongebob and Patrick's friendship comes out of hand, Squidward decides to help the team of two. Meanwhile climbing on the top of mount humongous Squidward almost fell from his step on the rocks. He holds onto the edge of the cliff and says something that changes Spongebob's point of view seeing how the lonely man feels.

------

Squidward is walking down the streets, with a red wagon filled with things. He crossed out the materials on the long list, as he watched the mountain erupting.

It gave him a feeling that this wasn't supposed to be the thing he does, the volcano will erupt by sundown today. And what he's currently doing now is... following what is listed down for what the electric skates needed.

He looked down at the list he was holding and felt like something is missing... Something he needs to do right... Something...

The man pondered with anger, he thought about Spongebob and as well on the side. Sandy and Patrick. He started to remember what Spongebob said a while ago.

------

"Hey, Squidward, good news. We're going to save Bikini Bottom! Sandy is going to build an ingenious bubble device to stop the volcano. Then all we have to do is climb to the top of Mount Humongous and drop it in."

Spongebob had fully explained to Squidward what the three will do to stop the volcano from erupting, but Squidward didn't think straight. Instead, he just laughed it off.

He looked at Spongebob in disbelief and laughed, Spongebob saw Squidward laughing in a seemingly serious situation, he was verbally confused but laughs with him at the same time.

"You're kidding, right?" Squidward wiped a single tear from his eye with his deep and plain tone, as he looked at Spongebob furious.

He pointed at Spongebob's chest a distance away as he felt anger. "Nobody has ever reached the top--" Then he began to point to Mount Humongous. "alive."

Then both gave them a few seconds to look at each other as the two looked at the mountain in fear, he started to sweat as well.

He wasn't either sure if Spongebob ever really meant going there on the top of the mountain just to drop Sandy's invention which could make the town be saved from preventing the volcano from erupting.

That was impossible, it takes more than years to ever make an invention for that. Who knows? He knows what Sandy and the other two are capable of, facing the volcano just for the team to save.

Why did it even matter to him? He's not like the three of them. He's not determined enough for that, not even Spongebob himself is. So why does he feel worried about the three?

Spongebob break the silence he furrowed his eyes and his voice changed into a tone of concern. "When you say nobody, do you mean that as a figure of speech or--"

The cephalopod nearly shattered the breaking point in his veins, does he need to explain everything to him? Squidward rolled his eyes and glowered at him.

Squidward blinded with anger, he walks closer to Spongebob with his angry expression and almost inch away from his face touching his. "I mean nobody ever, period, full stop, exclamation point!" He yelled at his co-worker with his insignificant frustration.