Chapter Two

Driving in the dark area, Zane glanced at Jason. They were heading to Simcoe to meet up with Greyson and the few freaks there, since this was something they couldn't avoid.

"Emma is crazy for creating this idea," Talia called from the back.

"Emma's intuition has always been correct. If we want to stop Ashley, we have to ambush her," Zane implied.

They pulled up in front of the church, only seeing Emma and River. Zane climbed out, as Emma had been pacing nervously. Preston's body became visible from beside River as Greyson came over with Maverick, who had a blotchy face.

"If we want to be ready to stop Ashley from killing all of us, we have to create an ambush," Zane stated.

"You mean my mutant child?" Greyson interjected, arms crossed.

Zane didn't know who told Greyson, but he didn't want to focus on that. There were bigger issues going on that didn't just include the mutant child and its plans.

"I'm guessing Ashley's prime focus will be Sunny's, but she isn't there yet," Emma started to ramble. "This means groups of offence and defence. I know we all don't agree, but Zane has come up with teams."

"One of the major groups will be the main disagreement," Zane started, but he already knew when he thought of them. "Jason and Greyson, you will work together."

Greyson let out a laugh while Jason widened his eyes. "No way," they both spat.

"Nobody can handle her now that she has all the powers. If you don't, that child and Scarlett will die, which means we all die," Zane stated.

Greyson kept his glare, but Zane could tell he had conflicted emotions in his eyes. If they wanted to try and hold off Ashley, those two would be their best options for now. If anyone else went, he had a feeling they'd be in great danger.

"We'd keep Jade, James, Stick, and some others at Sunny's and send others. I'd be sending Esme and Angel together, splitting them into different regions," Zane explained.

"And we can't have two leaders if we're joining as one," Greyson said.

"Since you two will be gone..." Emma trailed with her fists together. "I'd like to appoint Zane as the overall leader."

"Him? Are you serious?" Greyson asked.

"You two will be gone, which results in chaos with plans," Emma remarked, chewing her lip.

Greyson then let out a sigh, shaking his head. "Fine."

Zane glanced at Jason, already knowing the answer. "I need some of your freaks to meet together. People like Eden, Bryce, or Maverick," he implied.

"Uh, Eden and Bryce are gone," Preston said. "Those crackheads went to find Bella because Eden was going to go alone. I'm pretty sure Eden would have thrown her in the freezing lake."

"Nobody knows where she is," Jason whispered.

"Will could," Greyson stated.

Zane heard from Nevaeh that Will can see a person's location if someone knows them. It was similar to Cindy's teleportation, but the person's location appeared in his mind. It's extremely useful, but those four wouldn't step near Sunny unless it was for something fun.

"I didn't tell them to do that," Greyson grumbled, despite keeping a smirk.

"Load up some of your freaks so we can inform everyone," Zane said.

Greyson's smirk faltered into a glare. Jason didn't look any happier than Greyson, but it became one of the methods. Emma stopped pacing to stand in place, meeting eyes with all of them.