Chapter Twenty

Cassandra woke up to see ambulances and police officers still in the area. Rubbing a tired eye, she didn't realize how much energy it took to drain Ashley's powers. Maybe she should have thought of a different approach.

Something inside of her snapped when she saw that lady: Heather Harp. She has seen her in the memories of her father because she gave him up for adoption.

It enraged Cassandra because someone like that shouldn't be getting that kind of fair treatment. All of it wasn't for punishment, but for the revenge bottled up inside her system. Her mother had said she shouldn't seek revenge. However, that lady had been right in front of her.

Cassandra had never felt that furious before, except for Ashley. It was all because she intended to cause harm, which Cassandra didn't like.

Staring disoriented at the outside world, she watched as police officers tried to get her attention. Some reporters with microphones faced her as they spoke without a voice.

Cassandra wasn't in the mood to listen to adults blab about why she caused that earthquake. Wobbly standing, she held her head up to look around for Divina. The thing paced around with a devious grin, seeming amused by all those on the outside.

"Quite a showing. Where did that stupid thing run off to?" Divina snarled.

"It can't run," Cassandra stated.

"Why not get rid of Jason's or Greyson's power?" Divina asked with her hands on her hips.

"It has no form of transportation. Ashley relied on followers or her speed to get places," Cassandra said as she watched Divina laugh scornfully.

Cassandra didn't like Divina's personality. Bella shouldn't have had her life taken away. She does not get to experience life when she destroys Ashley. Soon they may be able to drain away all the powers.

"I can't believe I can get my powers early," Divina said with a devious grin. "You should torture it. Let it suffer until it gives in."

"No," she spat, her arms crossed.

"No? It will be quite enjoyable to see."

Cassandra narrowed her eyebrows as Divina slammed to the ground with an unseen force. Divina attempted to stand, but it didn't work.

"It might be for you, but I'm determined to get its powers gone. I'm not toying like some sick freak," Cassandra spat.

"We need to see it suffer!" Divina barked.

Cassandra released it from her hold. She never realized, but this place had a lot of fields on the outskirts. Most of the outside world had either empty fields or roads leading to random houses.

"I'm doing what I'm doing," Cassandra spat, walking off. She thought about speeding off, but she had to stay with this thing.

"But-" Divina started, but she fell right in front of her on the ground by an invisible force.

"I said no," Cassandra repeated. "Draining powers takes energy out of me. You're human, Divina, which means everything isn't the same."

They walked through an empty field. Divina rushed to catch up with her, but Cassandra didn't want to walk with her.

"Why don't you teleport to where that stupid thing is?" Divina snarled.

"Do you want me wasting my own energy?" Cassandra snapped as she stopped to narrow her eyes at Divina.

It appeared strange to see Bella without her actual personality. Seeing someone who seemed greedy or who enjoyed the pleasure of ensuring torture.

"I'm sure it has an idea," Divina stated. "I'm sure it's heading to burn down that campground."