Chapter Fourteen

Everyone can wear a facade like it's nothing, especially when it doesn't mean anything. A small gesture of kindness, such as a smile or words of praise, can easily trick those around them. However, occasionally those simple acts have something dangerous buried within them.

"Why was he having a mental breakdown?" Mia asked dumbly.

"Did you miss the whole conversation?" Bryce asked with a grin.

"Even Eden knew the conversation," Will remarked.

Most people at Uden Academy knew Eden Weber as the reformed Catholic girl, not the girl known for her criminal behaviour.

"The police remembering Eden had to be the best part," Bryce said. "You don't even look the same anymore."

"Police officers remember me as much as Mia remembers drugs," Eden said.

"Meanwhile, Mia gave drugs to a girl who overdosed and had an addiction," Will added.

"Okay, people literally need to be more responsible because everyone knows drugs are bad," Mia said.

"Has that stopped you?" Bryce inquired.

"I don't take drugs, duh," Mia said dumbly.

As they walked, Will pushed her onto the highway.

"Don't bully me!" Mia exclaimed, rolling on her back.

They've all managed to bully each other in some way. They weren't just the crackheads escaping campus and running down to the nearest bus stop. Well, Mia has mainly been the one bullied by all of them, especially Bryce.

"How is that bullying? You fell down," Bryce said.

Eden looked over, narrowing her eyes at the sight. "Is that the hospital?" she inquired.

"Can we play hospital?" Mia asked.

The hospital didn't look in good condition on the outside. There was glass smashed in windows or even in the automatic doors that were stuck open. The cars that were once in the parking lot were flipped over and destroyed, becoming nothing but flattened metal.

"Yes," Will affirmed as they went running.

They were supposed to be looking for followers, but it's all like old times. None of them cared about the dangers, because who cares?

"Wait, let's try leaping over this," Mia called, pointing at a slanted stop sign. She went running, but tripped and fell to the ground.

"All of us knew that would happen when you went running," Bryce called.

They stumbled their way into the darkened hospital. Pink light glowed through the windows, making it seem abandoned.

"I wonder if they have our files here or people we know," Will said.

"Where do they even keep files? All of us were kept on the rehabilitation floor for a reason," Bryce remarked.

Yes, they had been transferred to the mental health floor. Uden Academy advised them to stay after one of their second escapes from school, during which they got into difficulties with the police.

According to Heather Harp, who gave the suggestion, it'd calm their behaviour. However, it didn't happen because you cannot change all four of them together.

"Bro, faking that we all turned Jesus crazy had to be the best part. Eden is proof it can happen, but we all know how she is," Will implied.

"Adults are just stupid," Eden said.

They crept up a rear staircase and forced open the mental health floor door. The floor had been light blue, and the doors were barred. However, glass had been damaged in order to get access.