Chapter Twenty-One

They should be searching for more weapons, but that stopped for a bit. Eden watched Bryce and Mia face each other with buckets on their heads.

"Mia, you know you're going to run into my chest. Actually, you'll end up tripping before you reach me," Bryce said slyly as Mia lifted her bucket.

"Um, no? I'll be the first one to push you down," Mia slurred as she put her bucket down.

At first, they were finding some weapons, but then they got bored. It isn't actually exciting to search when you can do something chaotic instead.

"Go!" Will called as Bryce stood still as Mia ran but tripped.

"I win!" Bryce gloated, his tongue out. Holding the black bucket in his hand, he dropped it on her chest.

"It's because you're tall," Mia complained as she tried to whip the bucket at Bryce. Eden twisted a bow in her fingers as Mia narrowed her eyes at her.

"Who are you going to kill with that?" Mia asked as she wobbly lifted herself up.

"That ugly thing," Eden said nonchalantly.

Eden glanced out the dark window at the east end of the school. From the wide window, she could clearly see a small glow of flames from town.

"We need to gather cleaning supplies," Eden said.

"Are you in the mood to clean?" Bryce asked with a smirk.

"Cleaning supplies cause fires, which we'll need," she said.

"We aren't blowing up the bubble," Will remarked as he started laughing.

"Ah, so someone else is burning Simcoe," Bryce implied as Mia pressed her face against the dirty window.

"I thought the downtown was ash by now," Mia muffled as Will held her face pressed against the dirty glass.

"Of course it isn't ash now because she didn't burn everything. I told you this during the six-month period of freedom; do you not remember?" Eden snapped with narrowed eyebrows.

"Sometimes I miss when you acted like a religious freak because you didn't get mad every ten seconds," Mia sighed, waving a hand.

She wasn't a religious girl during that free period. Since people began to understand that she was lying the entire time, she acted how she normally did when they did stuff: demanding. It was always that everything had to go her way, or she'd create some type of violence.

"Well, she technically can't be religious when she's covered up murder. Well, you've done worse," Will said with a laugh.

Eden smiled because it was true. During her time in Sanguine, another street gang got into a fight with them. The main leader on their end had caused major injuries as her gang leader, named Scott, murdered the guy. How she had been involved would be by throwing his body in a dumpster.

"Where do they keep cleaning supplies?" Mia asked as they looked around the dark hallway.

"Somewhere," Will remarked as he laughed.

"Obviously in a cleaning closet," Bryce said with a smirk.

"Do they clean the closet all day?" Mia asked dumbly as Bryce smacked her in the back of the head.

"Follow the intelligent one," Bryce said with a grin. Bryce walked down the hall as Eden watched Mia get ready to throw the bucket at Bryce. "I'll be showing you the job you'll end up having, Mia."

"I'm not being a janitor! I'll work as a pharmacologist," Mia said.

"Mia working in a pharmacy? They won't allow you to work there. We'd all be working in some fast-food restaurant," Will laughed.