Chapter Ten

People gathered in shock and fear, staring up at her. There were some who seemed amazed that Cassandra had finally matured into the teenager she wanted to be. Not some baby or toddler because she couldn't help get the job done. No, she was the mutant child who could assist.

"Hello everyone," Cassandra said, smiling at the many puzzled faces who watched her like a movie star. "I know this comes as quite a surprise, but it's part of my mutant powers, which are known to be powerful."

It's what she learned because her body felt overwhelmed by power. She didn't exactly understand all of it, but she couldn't grow past being a fifteen-year-old.

"First and foremost, Ashley has been terrorizing, which is the first step," she explained, holding up a finger. "We have to get rid of those followers by distracting them all to have them either change sides or destroy them."

That is just how it should be. Her parents work their way out of Ashley's mess, step by step. No objections should be raised since she would not sit by if people did not listen. People must understand that it is the only way to go based on what she knows.

"What if we don't want to help?" Maverick called.

"Then it's not my fault if you die," she said bluntly.

It's true, because does he want to get roasted alive? Her mother commented that people can be stupid, which she has to agree with.

"I'm saying the way we get out of this which I know everyone might not agree, but you have a likely chance of dying if you go alone," Cassandra stated. "We have to work together if you want to stop that psycho; it has all these mutant powers, and I'm sure people don't want to be burned alive or thrown around like dolls."

All of them agreed, while giving them that hope, however, this host body could wait. She didn't want to deal with that situation, especially with whatever Divina had in mind.

Cassandra then felt someone trying to play with her mind. Scanning the crowd, that boy who talked out tried using those illusions. She snapped her fingers, which sent him screaming while everyone looked startled.

"Stop interrupting my speech," Cassandra spat. "As I was saying, we don't want anymore deaths."

Even if she knew, there would be people who weren't all going to listen to her. She jumped up, floating in the air with her legs crossed.

"Defeat the followers, then focus on the host body situation," Cassandra implied. "Zane will be creating side groups to convince or fight followers, because that's how it will be. I'll be busy doing something with my father and Jason, which might be changing."

Cassandra wasn't exactly sure if her plan would work, but it might, considering what she wanted to do.

"I've killed one follower, but others want to leave," Cassandra said. "I'm determined to defeat this thing, just like most of you."

Cassandra set herself down carefully on the wagon, almost landing like a fairy. She didn't recognize most of the faces. There had been names, but it wasn't that they gave her knowledge. There would be faces would be shown through her mother's and father's memories of people.

How Jason and her father seem to hate each other. How her mother almost got shot by one of those followers, which she had destroyed herself.

Hopping down from the wagon, she wobbled. "Be careful!" Scarlett panicked.

"I'm okay, mother," Cassandra reassured.

She saw her parents' past and saw the way her father had been disregarded. Heather Harp, known as the therapist at Uden Academy, and Cassandra didn't like people who treated her father like trash. That's why she wouldn't put up with people who interrupted her speech. However, she still didn't know everything. One thing she wasn't exactly sure about was her parents' relationship. It seems almost strained or awkward.