Chapter Three

This wasn't the news Greyson expected to hear. Preparing for a fight against Ashley is challenging enough, but having to work with Jason, of all people? It took actual power to accept losing leadership with everything merging together.

It wasn't the convincing that made him come to the agreement. Ashley would be going after Scarlett, who is carrying their own child. That powerful mutant child is his own child, who is also his own rank. It left Greyson with conflicted emotions that he wasn't sure how to handle.

"You have to go!" Emma exclaimed, standing in front of him. "I know you don't want to go, but we need your help."

Greyson crossed his arms, already knowing he'd have to assist with this occurrence. "We're getting there," he said.

"Greyson, I know you're doing this for Scarlett," Emma whispered. "You'd do anything for her."

He knew the overall truth inside of him since they had been separated. He was irritated because nobody had been there to give him an overall option in a mocking sense.

"I am going," he spat, walking to River with a couple of freaks.

"The SUV is ready," Oscar implied, with Maverick and Preston with him.

Greyson walked to the grey SUV, sitting up front. Oscar drove to Sunny's while Maverick and Preston rode in the back. He'd be having a meeting where Scarlett decided to stay. They all had a freak meeting because Ashley was somewhere in the darkness.

"Why do we have to work with them? Can't we do our own thing?" Maverick muttered.

"If you want to die, go ahead," Greyson spat.

They pulled up to see a group of people gathered out front. Most of the freaks stood gathered together, despite the fact that Greyson didn't want to.

Zane became the first person visible in River's light, shining on the many faces gathered together. It was the first time they were all together as a big group since this all began.

"This meeting isn't just a teamwork merge; there will be groups. There will be two other groups due to keeping all eyes open," he said. "The third group will be Mallory, River, and Preston. Everyone else will be guarding the area inside and out. We're guessing Ashley intends to target Sunny's because of the mutant child. You don't have to move here, but at least camp."

There had been mumbling in the crowd as he stepped down from a step stool. The area in Sunny's had trailers and random tents set up, with tarps where a fire was burning in a pit nearby.

"Her stay area is that RV," Zane said, pointing past the tents into a large RV.

Greyson walked through people, glancing around the area where some stared. When it came to camping, it was at reform camp, but they provided cabins that were comfy with bunk beds.

He knocked on the door, biting his pinky nail. "Come in," Scarlett called.

Greyson pulled open the narrow door, stepped up the stairs, and shut the door behind him. He didn't understand why he felt his heart racing when they were going to be seeing each other like normal.

"I'm not—" she interrupted herself as they exchanged stares. No words were said at first due to the shock of seeing her after six months. "I assume the meeting ended."

Scarlett sat herself down on the yellow seating area that wrapped around on the right side. Greyson sat himself down on the opposite side, nodding. Seeing the size of her stomach confirmed Divina's words.

"Is it true?" His voice sounded awkward, but her famous smirk returned.

"Yes," Scarlett said.

It made Greyson feel unsettled because the girl he loves deeply is having his child. This child is a mutant who has been able to talk inside his head.