Chapter 5 - History Repeats

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Dream SMP

Terrible things were happening on this server. From what the SMP members got from the meeting, they knew that Karl had a point. What was to stop the terrible things from the SMP from happening here too?

Now that Skeppy had brought up the possibility of the Red Egg coming, the SMP members were more worried than ever. There were many new people here so what if the Egg had a stronger effect on them?

Last time, Skeppy had sacrificed his life, an SMP member got killed and the only way that the Red Egg was stopped was putting it in a blocked off room that only immune people had access to.

What was the SMP to do?

Many SMP members couldn't get any sleep that night. Not even George, the one who somehow managed to sleep through so many wars.

Too much were on their minds. What if events should've happened on the Dream SMP but they got to this server before they had the chance to happen?

No one could sleep a wink. Not even the Hermits. Not even Bdubs.

Not a wink was slept that night. No one was able to rest. This was all much too stressful. Too stressful for the SMP. Too stressful for the Hermits. Too stressful for everyone. Even Michael and Shroud didn't sleep. Well, Shroud of course, but Michael knew that something was wrong. From his parents' faces to their concerned voices.

The SMP members were now even afraid to go mining. And of course, the Hermits found this highly unusual.

So a few days later, another meeting was called. This time, it was just Dream, Skeppy, Bad, Puffy, Tommy, Xisuma, Grian, Mumbo, Gem and Pearl. Everyone else just did their own stuff.

. . .

"This is a very serious issue," Mumbo said, cutting into the awkward silence. "This is starting to affect everyone."

"Yea. I wonder what made you figure that out," Dream said, sarcastically. Mumbo glared at Dream.

"You guys are afraid to even go mining," Grian said.

"And you guys won't even go to bed!" Tommy said.

"That's only the HEP!" Xisuma said. "Including a couple of other people."

"HEP?" Skeppy asked, confused.

"Hermitcraft Environmental Protection Agency," Grian said. "That's Scar, Bdubs, Keralis, Xisuma, Tango, Cub, False, and Mumbo."

"Well, still," Tommy said. "And not all of us are afraid to go mining!"

"The immune ones aren't afraid Tommy," Puffy said. "But that's very few of us."

"So why don't we just wear armor?" Tommy asked. "It protects us."

"We're afraid," Pearl said. "We're afraid that the moon will crash into this server too."

"Crash?" Bad asked.

"That's what," Gem said, hesitating. "Killed TFC, xB, Hypno, Jevin, Joe, Stress, Etho, and Beef." The Hermits all seemed to tense up, even Gem.

That was the end of that meeting.

. . .

Bad had told Skeppy to go ahead without him. Skeppy just looked at him and went back to their house.