Chapter 3 - Hallucinations...Or Not?

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Dream SMP

Everything seemed to be normal currently. At least...For the Dream SMP. A couple of the Hermitcraft members were acting strangely. Like Xisuma. He keeps staring at the sky during the night with a scared look. So was Grian. In fact, Mumbo wasn't even sleeping anymore. Just staring at the sky every night. But George had noticed that Xisuma and Mumbo were staring at the moon.

So one day, when it was morning, George had overheard Mumbo talking to Grian.

"It must be hallucinations from PTSD!!" Mumbo said.

"I'm sure it is Mumbo," Grian said.

What were they talking about? George wondered.

"Have you been looking at the moon lately?" Mumbo asked Grian.

"No. We've already seen it once and I don't want to see it again." George decided that he will too.

So that night, George sat outside of his and Dream's house, staring up at the sky, waiting for the moon to appear. George didn't see any difference in the moon. Except...

. . .

George overheard Grian talking to Tommy.

"I didn't notice the moon until Mumbo and I came back from mining" Grian said. "Did you notice it?"

"No mate. I didn't notice any difference in the moon." What difference?

"Not even the moon getting bigger?"

"What? No, of course not. And why would the moon be getting bigger?" Tommy gave Grian a confused look. "That makes no sense at all."

"It has to be! Xisuma has been seeing it too!"

"Its only three people Grian!!" Tommy said.

Tommy turned to a rather sizable glass cage in the corner of his house where a spider was. Strangely enough, Tommy had even named it. Shroud. He said it was named after a spider from the SMP.

"Well look at it tonight. I swear it's getting bigger."

"It isn't," Tommy said as Shroud climbed up the side of the cage, making a spider web. Tommy turned to face back to Grian.

"Well, I think it is! I know it is!!" Grian said, now frustrated. George ducked behind a tree so he wouldn't be seen as Grian stormed out of Tommy's house.

"Why are the Hermits worried about the moon?" George whispered to himself.

. . .

Later that night, George told Dream what he had overheard Mumbo and Grian talking about.

"Mumbo hasn't been sleeping either. They just keep saying that there's something wrong with the moon."

"That is weird," Dream said.

"I know." George said. "I heard Grian say something about the moon getting bigger."

"It isn't though," Dream said, confused.

"I know..." George looked up at the moon.

Dream stood up to go inside but not before placing a kiss on George's cheek, leaving the brunet flustered as heck.

But the moon did seem slightly closer than usual...

— — —

Hermitcraft