Forbidden Friendship

Hiccup POV

I decided to visit the night fury and bring it food. I walked over to the forest with a shield and enter the area. I putted the shield in front of me and stopped walking to looked above it to see if the night fury there and toss the fish out onto the floor. I kept looking around to see if it's going to come and get the fish but didn't see anything. I moved forward but my shield got stuck between the rocks so I try to pull it out but that didn't work.

So I climbed underneath it and picked up the fish. I consciously walked forward and looked around unaware a pair of green eyes looking at me on top of a rock. I sensed something and turned to see the night fury on top of a rock then starting to climb down in front of me.

It could sniff the fish in my hands but still stay on guard. I pulled my hand out with the fish and it starting coming closer. It started opening it's mouth but backed away immediately with slit eyes and started growling. I pulled the fish out and pulled my jacket to the side to revealed a small dagger that I use to catch the fish.

I touch it and the dragon started growling louder so I pull my hand back. But with enough courage I picked up the dagger and dropped it to my side. It gestured it's head towards the lake so I picked it up with my foot and toss it to the lake. After it saw that it sat down quickly looking at me with big eyes.

I tried giving the fish again and it started walking closer to me with it's mouth opened but I notice something. "Huh? Toothless... I could have sworn you had-" I got cut off when it's teeth came out and grabbed the fish swallowing it. "-teeth..." I finish. It eyes then turned slit and started walking towards me gurgling with it's head tilted.

I started backing up while saying "Ah ah ah uh" I fell down and started crawling backwards towards a rock. "No no no." It kept coming closer so I whisper "I don't have any more." It stared at me for a sec then basically threw up half a fish in my lap. I looked at it with gross.

It then sat down on it's hind legs and we started staring at each other but I then looked away not knowing what to do. But when I looked at it again it looked at the fish then back at me. I looked down at the fish then realizing what it wanted me to do. "Oh god I'm gonna feel sick after this." I thought. I took a deep breath then closed my eye and took a bite of the fish.

I pretend to enjoy it and looked at the dragon to see it swallow saying for me to swallow it. I then try swallowing it while covering my mouth. After that I smile at it pretending it was good. It then started twitching it's mouth and tried to copy my smile. I tried to touch it but it growled and flew away.

It started blasting fire around itself and laid down afterwards. I secretly moved to sit down beside it and awkwardly waved at it when it looked at me. It deadpanned at me and laid down covering it's face with their tail. I scooted closer and tried to touch it's tail but it got lifted revealing it's face so I got up and pretend I didn't do anything.

Later I sat on a rock with a branch drawing the night fury on the ground. I heard some noise beside me and did an eye glance to the side to the see the night fury watching as I a draw it. I stiffen at first but calm down and continue to draw. I heard it move away so I looked behind me to see what it was doing.

It picked a tree off the ground and then started dragging it onto the floor. My eyes follow it and try to see what it was drawing but he was in the way. As he went pass me the tree leaves hit me on the head. After it finish I looked around and started walking not realizing that I stepped on it's drawing. I then heard growling and flinch looking towards it then looked down so I picked up my foot and it calmed down. I put my foot backed on and heard growling and picked it back up and then hear purring. I did it again but then stepped over and see that it was still calm.

I smiled at it and started paying attention to the ground and tried to not step on any lines not realizing that it started to look like I was dancing. After I finish I looked behind me to see the night fury looking at me. I try to touch it but it moved it's head away growling slightly so I tried something new and looked away while pulling my hand towards it and wait for it to come towards me. It was silent for a sec until I felt scales and hear purring.

I looked back towards it and saw it's eyes close but then they open. Once it saw me it went away quickly.

-----------

Still Hiccup POV

I was eating dinner with Gobber while he was talking to other people about taking down dragons and I wasn't paying attention to the food but was thinking about the night fury until I heard Gobber said something "It's the wings and tails you really want. It it can't fly, it can't get away. A downed dragon is a dead dragon." When he said that I thought about the night fury because one of it's tail fin was missing so that means that it can die if it can't fly. So I decided to do something about it.

At night time I spend the whole night on creating a new tail fin for the night fury and after I finish I realize that I need to come up with a name for him. I can't just call him night fury so I started thinking. "Toothless" I thought. Since he has retractable teeth I decided to name him toothless. I then went to bed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter

A/n: This was a short chapter and I hope you enjoy it even though Y/n isn't in this chapter but she probably will in the next chapter or the one after that.

Have a good day :)