2.) This Can't Happen

Scarlet's P.O.V

Why? Why my brother?

What the hell did he do to deserve this? He is a good person, he wouldn't hut a fly unless he really needed to.

He only ever got into one fight because he was protecting me. Just like any other big brother would, and this is what happens to him? I can't even think of what my parents are gonna say.

What about the boys fans?

What if they all think this is my fault? They are all gonna hate me, and then I will get shit sent to me again, just like I did in the beginning of their career. That is gonna really suck.

"Scarlet, you need to call your parents." Calum said.

"I know Cal. I'm kinda in shock. I don't really know what to say." I said. He nodded and pulled his phone out, dialing my mum's number.

I just stared at him, hoping he would do everything for me. Ashton looked over at me, before he came over and pulled me into his chest and hugged me super tight.

"Mrs. Clifford? Hi it's Calum." I heard Cal say. I pushed Ash away so I could look at Calum. Ash just put an arm around my shoulders and held me close to his side.

"I'm calling to let you know that there is an emergency with Michael. He was in a car crash, and is currently in the hospital in a coma." Calum told me mum. I could hear her crying through the phone.

Just hearing her like that, puts me in even more shock.

"Scar, she want's to know if she should fly out here." Calum asked me, while covering the speaker on his phone.

"She can, but that'll just make everything worse for me. I'm having a hard time holding it together right now." I replied. Calum nodded and put the phone back to his ear, before walking away from us to finish talking to my mum.

Great, now Cal is gonna tell her not to fly out here and see her son. Why do I even talk?

"Scarlet, please don't think this is your fault. I can see it on your face so don't try to lie to me." Ashton said. I shook my head an buried my face in his chest and let tears come out of my eyes.

I felt someone hug me from behind, so I was a sandwich. I know it's Luke because Cal isn't in here.

I just let my self go, tears, and sobs, and whatever else you can think of coming from a teenager who is at the hospital while her brother is in a coma.

"Scarlet Clifford? Where is Scarlet?" I heard the doctor from before ask. Luke and Ashton let go of me so he could see me.

"Yes Doctor?" I asked him.

"I want you to come with me. Sometimes it helps coma patients wake up if they hear the voice of someone they love. Do you think you could talk to Michael for us?" He asked me.

Without thinking, I nodded my head. I ran back to hug Luke and Ashton.

"Let Cal know where I am when he get's back." I said before turning to the doctor.

"I will have someone get you boys if her voice doesn't work. He may need to hear all of you." He said. Luke and Ashton nodded at him as we walked away from the lobby and towards Michael's room.

When we got to his door the doctor stopped and looked at me.

"He is in pretty rough condition. I just wanted to warn you before you saw him." He said. I nodded my head and watched as the door to my brother's room was pushed open.

I looked straight to the bed and saw his bruised and cut face, with a tube in his mouth, and one in his nose.

"Hi Mikey, it's Scarlet. You're little sister. I want you to know I love you. Ashton, Luke and Calum are out in the lobby waiting for news on you. We all want you to wake up." I said. Tears falling more and more with each word.

"I don't know if mum and dad will be here or not. Calum talked to them already. They know you're here. They now what happened, and mum is torn apart. She needs you to wake up. Mikey, you need to fight this for me. For us. I need my big brother here for me. I can't do this by myself Michael. Please...wake up." I said, through all my tears.

"Michael, don't just think about our family. All the fans too, they are a family. They are part of you and they will be destroyed if you leave them. We all need you. It's not just me." I said.

"Even though i need you the most." I said, quietly. It was barely a whisper.

I waited.

And waited for him to open his big green eyes, and look at me. I waited for him to tell me that it's okay.

But nothing happened.

Nothing.