1 New life

"Oh my god! Y/N? Is that you?" I heard someone shouting behind me.

I was just walking from the parking lot to the back entrance of the arena. The voice sounded immediately familiar. I turned around and a big grin formed on my face when I saw who had called out to me. It was Naomi. An old friend whom I hadn't seen for ages.

"Na! My goodness, where have you been? I've been waiting to meet you for weeks!" I replied the moment before she ran into my arms, nearly knocking me to the ground in the process as we both dropped our bags.

We both giggled like little girls as we tried to regain our balance. Finally, we succeeded.

"I had a few weeks off for another project! What are you doing here? I thought you were coming to NXT first?" she wanted to know.

"That was the plan, but apparently someone was so impressed with my performance at the tryout that they immediately put me on the main roster. It's not definite if I'm staying here on Smackdown though," I replied as we picked up our dropped bags and made our way inside.

"Oh I sure as hell hope you stay here, kiddo. I've missed you. You know you're like a little sister to me." Naomi said as she hooked her arm with mine.

"I know, because you keep saying it and treating me like it." I laughed.

"Hey, someone has to look out for you. I don't want you to get hurt." she explained to me.

"And I'm grateful to you for that. Say, where's your husband at?" I asked to change the subject.

"Jimmy is working out with his brother Jey and their cousin Roman. Have you met them yet?" she replied.

"No. I haven't had that much to do with the others so far. Probably because I haven't had a match on the show yet. Hopefully that will change soon. I'm so happy to see you, Na! A familiar face is what I needed." I said as we finished the security check and headed to the locker room.

"Maybe we can even work together. That would be great. How is Victor doing? Is he still against wrestling?" she wanted to know.

"I don't know and I don't care. We broke up two months ago. He didn't want to accept this new stage in my life and gave me a choice. As you know, that's something I can't stand. So we split up. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't support me and my decisions," I explained to her.

"Y/N, I'm sorry to hear that. He is an idiot and it is his loss. If he acts like this he doesn't deserve you. But I'm sure you'll find a better man soon. Someone who is 100% behind you. Uh, maybe I can set you up with someone." she said and immediately her eyes started to sparkle.

"That's the last thing on my mind right now. For now, I'm just going to focus on my new life." I replied.