28 Just us

Roman POV

As soon as I got off the plane and made my way to the baggage claim, I turned on my phone. It didn't take me 30 seconds to get a message from Y/N.

Smiling, I opened the text. She was already waiting outside to pick me up. It was probably one of the best feelings in the world to have someone waiting for you to come home. Someone who was happy to see me. I loved how her face started to light up as soon as she saw me. And of course how she wrapped her arms around my neck to pull me as close as possible. Every time she did that Y/N took a deep breath and I could feel her relax.

I could hardly wait to have her by my side again. Even 2 days without my wife was too much. And now that we were expecting our little man, it was even harder to leave her alone.

It was good that it didn't take long with the luggage today. I grabbed my suitcase and quickly headed towards the exit. As I stepped outside, my eyes immediately began to search for Y/N. Good thing she had described to me where she was waiting. It was easy to find her that way.

"Hey Mami! God, I'm so glad to be back with you!" I said as I pulled her close. Even though her baby bump made it a little difficult.

"Hi Superman! How was your flight? We missed you." she said softly in my ear.

"It was okay. But too long, as usual. How are you, George?" I replied, then turned to the security guard standing a few feet away, keeping an eye on everything.

"Excellent, Sir." he said.

"George, you're off duty as of now. I'm in the best of hands with my husband. See you later." said Y/N to him.

Then we said goodbye to him before heading to the car. All throughout, I held Y/N's hand tightly in mine. This alone made me feel at home.

"How is our little guy today? Did he let you sleep?" I asked as I looked down at her.

"Not really. But as awake as he is, he's definitely doing well. And now that he's heard your voice, he's instantly more relaxed." she replied and I chuckled. It was great how connected the little guy was with me.

"Do you want me to drive? I can't wait to get home!" I wanted to know as we arrived at the car.

"Sure, but we're not going home." my wife replied with a smirk.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You and I, my love, are going to a beautiful place where we will spend a few undisturbed days and your birthday," she proudly explained to me as I opened the trunk.

In it was already waiting her luggage and another bag of which I suspected that it contained my things.

"That's amazing. And where exactly are you taking me?" I wanted to know as I put my arm around her.

"I found a Polynesian style tree house by the sea. It's small and cozy. Just right for the two of us. Well, and the bump warrior, of course. We can lie in the sun and relax. Plus, I'll cook you your favorite meal on your special day. I've already planned everything," she explained to me with this particular twinkle in her eye.

"Sometimes I really don't know what I would do without you in my life, baby girl. You're way too perfect for your own good." he said and then I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"I'm not. But I love that you think so." replied Y/N with a hearty laugh.

I then gave her another long, loving kiss before holding the car door open for her and letting her get in. While I walked around the car, she was already entering the address of our destination into the navigation system.

I was really looking forward to spending time with her. It was a wonderful surprise for my birthday. And although we were both so excited about the baby, it was great to enjoy our last months alone.