3 Not yet

I just came back backstage after my match and immediately saw that I was expected. Naomi handed me a towel and a bottle of water while smiling at me.

"Good job, kiddo! Very impressive. The fans love you." she praised me.

"Thanks. Do you really think so? I'm still way too nervous to pay attention." I said after I had a drink.

"Trust me, they do. In the four months you've been here now, you've been steadily improving. And you already have your own fan base. All you need now is someone to share your experiences with." she replied as we made our way through the aisles backstage.

"Are you starting again? Why is it so important to you to set me up?" I wanted to know.

"Because you are important to me. Besides, I know how important it is to have a balance. You only focus on work otherwise. I know you, so you don't have to deny it. And more importantly... I want you to be happy." she explained to me.

I thought about her words and had to admit that she wasn't completely wrong. With a sigh, I turned to her and looked at her questioningly.

"Do I make an unhappy impression on you? Do you think I put too much into wrestling?" I asked Naomi.

"No, you don't. But it can get lonely when we're on the road so much. You need a little fun. I'm not asking you to marry the first guy you meet. But it certainly can't hurt for you to go out again. It's been six months since your breakup. Maybe it's time for something new," Naomi said.

"Hey Y/N! Good match. You're getting better and better. It won't take you long to win your first title." Roman praised me who suddenly appeared next to us.

"Thank you, Roman. That's high praise from the tribal chief." I replied with a smile.

"You deserve it, believe me. And the higher-ups would be really stupid if they slept on your talent." he replied.

"Maybe you should use your influence and suggest to the creatives to make me and Naomi the Women Tag Team Champions," I joked.

"You know... maybe I should." he smirked.

"I was kidding, Roman. I should get going now. I have another interview coming up. Excuse me." I replied and went into the women's locker room.

I assumed that Naomi was following me, but she was not. However, I thought nothing of it. She was always up to something. Maybe she wanted to see where Jimmy was.

Roman POV

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked Naomi who was still standing next to me.

"You like her, don't you?" she asked me.

"Um... well... She's very nice and exceptionally talented," I stammered.

"That's not what I meant. Do you have a thing for her?" she followed up.

"Is it that obvious?" I sighed.

"Well... I've known you for a while. And I must say that it fits very well into my plans." she replied.

"What do you mean by plans?" I wanted to know.

"Y/N has been single for a while now. So have you, for that matter. And I've been trying to get her to date again for some time. Just now I had the perfect idea. I'll set her up on a blind date. With you. That is, if I'm not mistaken about you liking her," Na explained to me.

"You would do that? Do you think Y/N would go along with that?" I asked a little skeptically.

"She's not going to be thrilled. Well at first anyway. But I'll guilt trip her into it. Are you interested?" she replied.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I am. She caught my eye right away." I admitted.

"I'm glad you like the idea, Roman. And I think it can turn out beautifully. I'll set it up and let you know how we do it. Try not to blab when you see her. You can flirt plenty on the date," Naomi said with a laugh.

"I didn't-" I began.

"Oh yes you did! You've flirted with her before. You're totally intrigued by her, you know?" she interrupted me.

"And yet nothing happened," I replied, a little disappointed.

"Because she's pretty stubborn. But trust me, I know what I'm doing," she smirked and winked at me before disappearing into the locker room as well.