7

It has been a few days since the trueblood's arrival into the pack house and it was rather surprising to say that it wasn't as eventful as everyone had thought.

The trueblood, even though in his wolf form was so well behaved that it was hard to believe. He was always so quiet, barely noticeable, only following Jungkook around ever so politely.

Even when Jungkook was busy with his pack duties, the trueblood stayed on the sidelines, keeping to himself, napping like a little cub. It was really a sight to see, a grown wolf lying on the floor without a care in the world.

Maybe it was the mate bond which made V so relaxed that he wasn't really bothered about being on alert or maybe it was the fact that he knew his mate wouldn't really let anything happen to him.

Atleast that's what the hyungs thought. Nobody really knew that the trueblood was actually always on alert, his wolf senses much higher than normal wolves, and even though he seemed relaxed, his body was well aware of everything around him.

The hyungs had taken a liking to V, actually, they had accepted V into their friend group, despite the fact that he was always in his wolf form.

The wolf was very likable, always behaved and at times undeniably cute that the rest couldn't help but feel an urge to protect him.

Jungkook was glowing these days. Having the trueblood near him was doing wonders to the mate bond. His wolf was at peace and almost giddy, at all times, knowing his mate was just a few steps away from him.

The trueblood had started to slowly add little amounts of cooked meat in his diet, well, it was added by jungkook and the trueblood just complied by eating it, though it was rather noticeably that he didn't really like it as he was used to raw food. Nonetheless, he was trying to adjust to please his mate. The two mates went out on a run everyday, both spending atleast 3 hours together, playing and running. Jk had also helped V hunt a few times. It had strengthen their bond even more so.

So far, it had been quite good, except for that one incident.

It happened during the 4th day. It was pretty comical now that everyone thought about it. Though at that time, Jin may have had a mini heart attack and V may or may not have had an existential crisis because he was super scared of his human's reaction. Yep, not his mate but his human, Taehyung's reaction. Even though V has never seen Jungkook angry, he knew that it must be nothing compared to Taehyung's anger. As a trueblood alpha himself, V was scared shitless of Taehyung and his temper. The human was scary when he was pissed and even V didn't want to face his wrath. Thankfully, the human had just laughed and let the incident slide.

It happened something like this. Jungkook had gone to the sitting room to meet up with some of the elder pack members to discuss something, which required V to stay atleast 10 feet away. But since the pack members were not that accustomed to the trueblood, he had asked V to stay someplace where he couldn't be seen but near enough that Jungkook could feel his presence. The problem was, the next best place to stay at was the kitchen as it was the nearest and easiest option.

So the trueblood laid down near the refrigerator, his eyes closed like always, his body sort of hidden behind the table. He had grown quite comfortable in the past few days, knowing that all the people who actually used the kitchen wouldn't mind finding him there.

Jin had just come downstairs to get some cold water to drink and gotten the shock of his life when he had nearly tripped over the large wolf laying down there.

'Ahhhh!', Jin had well, screamed. It wasn't really the best reaction at that time as that one scream bought a whole lot of people running into the kitchen, panicked obviously.