2

Selah's POV

after class i hurried and gathered my things, wanting to get out of that classroom as fast as possible. stumbling across the students that sat next to me, not bothering to let them leave their seats first; i scurried to the classroom door.

"hey wait up!" a familiar voice called from behind me; Dominic. i rolled my eyes and continued to walk away from him, not bothering to make any sort of interaction with him again.

footsteps were heard being picked up and catching up to me indicating that dominic was now running to catch up to me.

i stopped in my tracks which made him run into the back of me, causing him to fall onto the floor. i laughed with the great feeling of payback and turned around to look at him lay down in defeat on the cold tile floor.

"what the hell was that in there?" i asked. he just laughed and propped himself up on his elbows.

"i wanted to know your name," he shrugged, his lips forming a sly smile of cockiness. once again i rolled my eyes but then held my hand out for him to grab onto to help him up.

"well don't do that again, i'm not some type of girl you can just clown around with in class. i actually have morals," i scoffed. he laughed loudly but quickly shut his mouth as if he didn't mean to laugh.

my eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. "that's too bad, because as for me. i have no 'morals'," he hand quoted. a smirk played on my face because of how stupid he sounded. like having no morals was supposed to make me laugh or impress me.

"that's not something to be proud of," i snickered. his arms folded over each other and his back laid against a shiny blue locker that stood behind him.

"never said i was proud of it. i just don't care," he shrugged once more. with a nod i turned on my heel and started to walk away. i didn't want to talk to him any long. he had embarrassed me in class and now he was trying to involve himself with me.

i didn't know him from a can of paint but his personality was as if he felt like he knew everyone. he was so open and social, like he had no sort of social anxiety. unlike me.

the way he blurted in class and didn't care that everyone's eyes were on him. it was slightly impressive because i knew i would never be able to get up to that point.

exiting the two double doors of the school, i walked normally to my car because thankfully, i didn't feel Dominic's presence behind me.

unlocking my car door from a distance, finally walking up to the door; opening it. then throwing my book bag in the passenger seat. i huffed in defeat as i was fully seated in my four door black Lexus.

my dad bought me this car for my 19th birthday because my first car i had i bought on my own at 16 and it broke down within about 6 months of having it. so my dad felt bad that i even had to buy my own car in the first place, so when i turned 19 he decided it was a good idea to have something reliable and something i didn't have to pay for.

with thoughts running through my head a knock distracted me causing me to turn me head.

Dominic.

i wanted to internally scream because it was like he couldn't take the hint that i wanted nothing to do with his loud mouth.

but with my forgiving heart, i rolled down my window and was met face to face with him. "yes?" the question came out like i had said it with my last breath because i wanted to do anything other than talk to him at the moment.

"could you give me a ride home, please?" he put on pouty lips and puppy dog eyes and with such an empathetic heart i couldn't say no.

closing my eyes in annoyance because i knew he knew i wasn't going to deny him, i just pointed my head to the passenger side; indicating for him to get inside the car.

"thanks, Selah," he ushered. hopping inside the car and closing the door behind him. "i hope you know i'm not all that bad," he side eyed me. i laughed hysterically as i pulled out of the parking lot.

"i doubt that, other wise you wouldn't have given me that little performance in class as a first impression," i snickered. annoyance was laced in my laugh and he could tell because i saw his facial expression drop within the corner of my eye.

"i actually am offended," he paused for a second and laughed. "if you want to know more about me, i play the drums," he finished with a smirk stuck on his face as he waited for my reaction.

i laughed. "that's too bad i didn't ask," i shrugged, as we pulled up to a red light. i looked at him, his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. the same mine we're just a few minutes ago.

"you're a bitch," he scoffed. the light turned green but i didn't go. my eyes were stuck on him.

"excuse me? i'm not the one you should be calling names to, when YOU'RE the one who's a fucking jerk!" i yelled but suddenly a smile began to appear on his face.

i felt myself get hot in anger and my foot stamp onto the gas pedal to hurry and get him home so i didn't have to be around him any longer.

"it's funny because you don't even know where i live," he was now hysterically laughing, laughing so hard he was holding onto his stomach and trying to catch his breath.

"that's funny because you can get out of my car then," i sarcastically said. he dialed down his laughter and looked me dead in the eyes.

with a huff he sat back in his seat, "i live on 59th and devils glenn," he mumbled.

and with a nod i continued driving to take him home.

vote and comment <3