3

Selah's POV

a week went by and i hadn't had any social contact with dominic. which felt good in a way but also i hated to admit i kinda like the attention since i never got any from anyone else.

which made me almost regret wishing him away.

my feet played in the water of my community pool that was only a couple apartments away from mine.

not planning to get fully in; i only wore shorts and a short tank top that hung just above my belly button. my shiny piercing being the most prominent view of someone we're to look at me.

being interrupted from my staring gaze at the some what clear pool water; my phone rang.

"hey, mom," i picked up the phone. my eyes rolled because i hating talking with her. one wrong think i said would turn into an hour long lecture.

"how have you been? are you still coming to see your father and i this weekend?" she questioned with a slight pint of annoyance in her.

i could tell my dad set her up to this, at least to get her to talk to me.

my mother and i never had the best relationship, it was like she tried to be better than me. a jealous mother she was.

jealous i was able to go to college and make myself be someone, unlike her when she got pregnant with me at sixteen.

but i more knew she was envied me, she wish she could relive her teen years and do it right so she didn't have to raise herself and i all while she was still learning the basics of life.

"um- i don't know, i've got a lot to work to catch up on," i lied. i wanted to go and see my family . my mom and dad. mostly my dad.

but i wasn't ready to hear the pity party of why i didn't have any friends yet. why i didn't go out and socialize, and why i didn't have any sort of love interest yet.

i heard her groan through the phone, and murmur something. most likely telling my dad it wasn't a good idea to call me.

"alright, Selah, i'll talk to you soon. bye," and she hung up the phone just like that, not letting me speak to my dad at least or anything.

i rolled my eyes and sat my phone down beside me, kicking my feet slowly in the water as the sun began to set.

but with just a little breeze from it starting to get dim outside, i decided it was time to head home and lay down for the night.

with the crisp air conditioner as i entered my one bedroom apartment, i roamed to the kitchen to find a snack before i settled down for the night.

10:37PM my clock read that hung on my wall with a slight slant.

heating up the TV dinner that sat in my freezer for little over a week. my phone rang once again.

i wanted to slam my head against the wall with frustration, assuming it was my mom calling me again.

but it wasn't. i picked up my phone.

unknown #

with pursed lips i debated whether or not to answer but with curiosity i did anyway.

"hello?"

"hey, it's dominic," he voice rang through the line. i almost dropped my phone hearing his low tone voice.

but the first thought was, "how did you get my number?!". i held the phone between my ear and shoulder as i got my food out of the microwave.

"no need to yell," he paused, "but i got it off your campus board. you shouldn't have your stuff for the whole public to see," he snickered.

i glared , but the look wiped off of my face because i knew he couldn't see me.

"if you didn't know i'm rolling my eyes at you right now,"

his laugh echoed through my ears, and without notice i felt the corners of my mouth lift up in happiness that i had made him laugh.

"why did you call me?"

he sighed. "i don't know, i felt like i missed you," i paused at his words, my fork sitting still against my plate of food. "i-i mean- missed picking on you. i like how i annoyed you," he tried to cover his honesty but i had already taken note that he actually missed me.

"yeah yeah, lies you tell," i glanced over at the time debating my next question to come out of my mouth.

10:55PM

"is it too late for you right now?" i asked. he shuffled from the other line.

"no."

i pouted at his plainness. "well would you like to maybe come over, keep me company? since you 'miss me'," i quoted. i couldn't believe the words that came out of my mouth.

it's like i could sense the smile that came across his face. i didn't know why i had just asked him to come see me, when i had dreaded being around him from the very first time we met.

"send me your address and i'm on my way,"

vote and comment <3