17

selah's pov

i couldn't believe my eyes. the two positive lines that were shown upon the pregnancy test.

i wanted to scream. i was young, and not even finished with college: no where near close finished with college.

and on top of that, dom made it clear he wanted nothing to do with me if i were to be pregnant.

"you've got to be kidding me," i groaned. and emma's eyes shot open with a shocked looked placed upon her face.

it's not like it only took one person to make a child, i was at fault too. but i knew i should have waited because the persons child i was now carrying would care nothing more about me or he/she.

"maybe this is a good thing, it could bring you and dom closer together," emma tried to reason with me but i had my mind made up on one thing.

an abortion.

this would be my first mistake, and i would definitely learn from it.

"not gonna happen. i'm getting rid of the baby," i threw the pregnancy test away from me and just held my head in my hands. "it's what he would want anyway."

emma sighed, "so are you doing this for you or for him?" her question caught me off guard but she was right.

so i sighed and looked her in the eyes. "i just don't want dom to get some kind of revenge on me if i keep the baby, plus i-"

she cut me off, "dom is all talk, trust me. he would want nothing more than to have a baby with you. even if you guys just co-parent,"

but i rolled my eyes because i knew that's not how i pictured my life to be.

i wanted to be married before i had kids, and have a healthy loving relationship. unlike my parents.

i wanted more than this. what dom and i have.

not that it was anything anyway. as he said, "just friends,"

"either way, i wouldn't be a very good mother right now," and that was the last thing i said before walking out of the bathroom.

i heard emma sigh as i exited the bathroom. but i knew i couldn't burden her with my problems anymore.

so i walked down the steps, seeing ethan and grayson at the kitchen counter chatting.

and dominic sitting at dinner table on his phone. i knew he was no good for
me but i knew the soft spot i had in me; just for him. would always be there.

but my self worth was way stronger than some "soft spot," nothing would change if i were to give in just because i love him.

but as soon as my thoughts allowed me to even think that i loved him i stopped in my tracks.

coming to realization that i did in fact love him.

i was in love with him.

and i didn't know why. the way he would emotionally bring me down. how could a person like me fall in love with someone like him?

i wanted to hate him. so i could just forget ever even allowing myself to be "annoyed," at him.

and allowing him to enter my life.

but i didn't. i loved him because he was the only one in the world who showed me that i was somebody.

"dominic, can we talk?" he looked up at me and slowly nodded and stood up.

ethan and grayson side eyed us as we walked to the kitchen patio.

finally closing the kitchen sliding door. i looked dominic in the eyes; scared of what his reaction was about to be to me telling him i'm pregnant.

"dom-" i cut myself off. i was nervous. i knew this would make or break us. "i'm pregnant," i just blurted it out.

his face dropped with false expression. and my heart churned with anxiety.

"you're kidding," was all he said, and folded his arms across one another. my mouth almost dropped open with shock.

but i held my jaw together. "i'm not." i scolded.

"proof,"

i wanted to smack the living hell out of him. "you're acting like a literal child," i even laughed at his face from the plain reaction he gave me.

i was in disbelief.

"proof or it didn't happen,"

and here i knew he would never change. and that getting an abortion really was the best option for me and my heart. "right," was all i said before leaving him alone outside and making my way home.

and i didn't dare wait to see if he had anything else to say to me.

vote and comment <3

sorry i took so long to update !