8

Selah's POV

"don't do this,"

I looked up at him. he had hurt my feelings well enough and I wanted no more than for him to get out of my apartment before he made me upset anymore.

"ya know, what's your problem? first you're annoying, then you're sweet, then mean, then just bluntly a piece of shit," I ranted, I wanted him to give me a logical explanation for why he's so wishy washy.

first, not telling me exactly what made him play his drums so hard that his hands had scabs and welts on them all the way up to his wrists. and second, how could he carry so much anger for him to be able to release as much force onto an object.

tears fell from my eyes, not because I was sad. but I was so fed up with him the frustration that was building up inside of me, needed a way out.

"don't cry, sel, I'm sorry. I just-" he stopped himself from talking and stood up walking toward me to engulf me in a hug.

and I let him. his touch was magical, even though at most times afterward I kinda wanted to tear my skin off after touching him. so I wouldn't have any reminder of how he touched my body with such importance.

with nothing on him but a pair of boxers, I could feel every outline of his muscles that traced down his back as my hands brought their way to engulf him back.

"you're so confusing, dom,"

he huffed " I know," his hand rubbed the back of my head and through my hair, "and I'm sorry,"

I pulled away just a bit so I could look up at him, "so what is it? what's wrong?" I was eager to find out what was going on behind that head of his.

I had never gotten so close to someone before, and I wanted to know what was stopping him from becoming just as close with me. I didn't want him to go away or stop talking to me because of whatever he was going through. I wanted him to know I cared and whatever it was that he didn't need to hide it from me.

"I would just hurt you, selah, I'm not good," he answered. he still wasn't budging. I just laid my head back down against his chest with a sigh.

"okay," I had given up. but I was sure he knew I cared about him so I didn't bother to pry anymore.

"just know I feel better when I'm with you,"

his comment caught me off guard but I appreciated the affect that I had on him, and that I was able to take his mind off of whatever would eat him up so bad.

and with that he looked down at me, "wanna hear me play the drums?" his smiled beamed down at me and my stomach flipped from inside of me.

"don't you think you need a break? look at your hands," I grabbed his hands in mine, feeling a slight bit of relief since the blisters had faded quite a bit.

"hasn't stopped me before, come on," he got dressed, and I did also right along with him.

it being a weekend, Saturday. and the warm air from the month currently being may, I decided it was best if I just wore a skimp tank top and a pair of loose ripped jeans.