13

Dominic's POV

"hey, e," i greeted ethan; walking up to him.

"yo!" he laughed, "where's your girl at?"

i rolled my eyes at the thought he had thought that she was "my girl", but i answered him anyway "she's in class," i didn't feel like going into detail how i felt about selah.

i didn't necessarily feel he needed to know. "i wouldn't say it so nonchalant like that, dom," emma butted in; approaching us from behind. "the way you look at her says something totally different about how you feel about her," and with a shrug she grabbed a bottle of water out of the mini fridge in the garage and walked back inside the house.

i just rolled my eyes from annoyance, "tell your girl to mind her business," i chuckled coldly. ethan looked at me with death eyes, not that it bothered me in anyway but i knew i had just pinched a nerve in him suggesting that he should put his girl in check. "look let's just get the drums and guitar out, and make a song,"

he put his hands up in defense and agreed, walking over to plug his guitar in and string it a bit to get it to tune to his liking.

"you guys want a hit of this?" grayson appeared in the room; interrupting us with him waving a joint in the air.

ethan nodded and took it from him; inhaling it without a second thought.

as for me my smoking days were coming to an end, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to dial down a bit while i was away from selah. so i could finally take my mind off of her just for a moment so i could focus on playing the drums.

"i'll take you up on that offer," i laughed as ethan passed it over to me allowing me to take a hit also.

eventually the sun started to set, the day taking over us since we had spent it in the garage making music.

"bro, and then she literally just sucked my dick," ethan was now dying laughing, telling me a story about how emma first gave him head.

"i heard that!" we heard emma from behind the garage door. so we both hysterically burst out into laughter.

suddenly there was a low knocking from the top of the garage revealing selah standing there with her arms calmly by her side. "i figured you'd be here, you didn't come home so i figured you'd-"

"yeah, yeah," i cut her off. her mouth pursed together and immediately shut her mouth. "see you later, e," i dapped him up and walked towards selah.

"hey, selah," emma greeted her quickly which allowed selah to wave to her with a weak smile.

emma gave her a comfortable smile back before finally allowing us to leave.

"are you high?" she questioned; arms folded over one another as we sat in her car.

i just shrugged and began laughing without really any meaning behind it but i couldn't control the laughter that just kept coming out of my mouth. "don't start acting like my mom now," i teased.

but she took rather offensive to that given she just shook her head and make her way to her apartment, not saying another word to me the whole drive there.

when we got home, i collapsed onto the couch with a big huff. "you should make me something to eat, i'm so hungry," i dragged out.

she just stood at the end of the couch debating if she should slap me or not. and the thought of her slapping me made me laugh even more.

"awe, don't be mad selah," i fake pouted, sitting up and grabbing her hands in mine. "it was just a couple hits, i'm not even that high," and with a raised eyebrow up at her, she huffed and snatched her hands away from me and walked into her room; closing the door behind her.

i groaned loudly at her attitude, she had no reason to be upset with me. it's not like i was her boyfriend or something.

but swallowing my pride i stood up and made my way into her room. her tiny body laying down onto her bed; fully covered.

"i know you're not sleeping," i chuckled.

"go away," she sniffled. my face dropped.

she could NOT be crying right now.

"selah, please tell me why this is making you so upset," i asked, sitting down next to her and rubbing my hands up and down her side.

"because-" she hiccuped, "you're not acting like yourself,"

she turned to look at me with sad eyes, which surprisingly made my heart sting a bit.

i hated myself for feeling this way about her. and i knew the longer i kept these feelings down it would just hurt us both in the long run.

but i also knew, we would never work. she was the good girl, and i was just a stupid depressed drummer boy.

my thoughts were cut short when she asked the question i was dreading for a million years, because i knew i didn't have the exact answer she would want to hear.

"what are we?"

-
vote and comment <3