Three: A reason

June 10, 2010

I watched Spencer leave and the whole team staring at me. I sucked in a long breath as I took a seat.

"What's that about?" Derek asked. I looked at him with light tears in my eyes.

I remember every word he said to me on that day.

"I-I knew Spencer, in um, high school. We um, were both 12 and 13. We um, had a, relationship, back, back then, but it, ended, badly. I don't know if he wants y'all to know that though so I'll only say that." I said.

Every one looked at me in shock. Then the questions came in.

"What happened?"

"Was it your fault?"

"Did it have to do with his mom?"

"Was he the cause of it?"

I just kept my head down and said nothing. I didn't want to say something that will affect Spencer in any bad way. But it really hurt what he did and said.

I remember it so vividly.

                  Memory flashback

May 2, 1992

It was the end of school and I wanted to head to the library to Dodge all the after school bully's.

I walked in and sat in the back were know one really knows about. Accept Spencer.

I was reading for about ten minutes before two girls came in. They were seniors. They started to talk very loudly as I read. I didn't wanna be rude and eavesdrop but when I heard my boyfriends name, I got interested.

"Yeah, i got the dork Spencer to meet everyone out side. I told him you'd be there and wanted to talk to him. He'll never know what's coming." One girl said, and they both walked away, heading to meet Spencer.

Wait, why would Spencer want to talk to them?

I didn't really worry about it at the time and just headed out side quickly. It took me about five minutes to find them. Well everyone else. The whole football team was there, lots of girls and other people. All laughing at him. He was naked too.

I quickly walked over, but then I heard some girl call out,

"Where's ya girlfriend? Would we want to tie her up to? You'll see her naked for the first time and probably the only time!" Everyone started to laugh. I panicked. I started to run the opposite way.

I felt bad for Spencer. I couldn't do anything. I heard him scream and cry as I got further away. I couldn't stay they will find me.

About an hour later of constantly checking the pole, they finally left. I quickly ran out of the building and headed for Spencer.

Once I got there, he looked exhausted. He'd been yelling and screaming for almost two hours and know one helped him.

"Spencer?" I said softly. He quickly looked up to see my face. He looked so happy to see me right now.

"Y/n! Please help me!" He cried. I walked over to the ropes around him, untying them and working of the next ones.

After I released him, he quickly grabbed his close and put them on. I was looking away as he did that. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable right now.

We just stood there in silence.

He was happy to be freed but he was nervous for tomorrow. What's gonna happen to Y/n? Will they tell her why I went out side with them?

"You wanna head to my place?" I asked softly. He nodded and we walked towards the entrance of the school.

We walked down the streets to my house. My mom is still at work and, I don't have a dad. It's another reason me and Spencer got close.

We walked into the small apartment and Spencer immediately started to cry. I walked over to him and hugged him. He just rested his head on my shoulder and cried more.

I rubbed his back a little bit. I was trying to comfort him as much as possible right now. I was never the best at sympathy but I'm trying here.

After a good twenty minutes of standing there, he finally looked at me. He smiled sadly and I smiled back.

I quickly kissed his cheek softly before heading to my room. Spencer blushed a little bit as we walked.

I took of my shoes and looked at Spencer to do the same. He got the message and took off his as well. After that, I sat on my bed as Spencer followed.

I looked at him and hugged him again. This time though, I was crying. Spencer was very confused but comforting at the same time. He happily hugged me  back and kissed my head.

After a couple of minutes, I was extremely tired. I pulled my head up and laid down. Spencer smiled and got up, he was getting ready to leave.

"Wait," I called out to him. He stopped and looked at me. I was getting nervous. I never asked him to sleep over before and I was nervous he wouldn't want to.

"Can you, um, stay? Can we cuddle? I really don't want to be alone. And it's Friday?" I asked quickly. After a few seconds of silence, I added,

"But you don't have to, you can go home and I'll see you Monday or over the weekend-" I was cut off by two hands wrapping around my sides.

I didn't even notice that Spencer was sitting on the bed with me, he laid down next to me and cuddled up next to me.

I smiled and turned my body towards him. He smiled back to me softly. I wrapped my arms around his small body and rested my head next to his.

My eyes started to get heavy as my body relaxed. I felt Spencer's body relaxed as mine did and we both fell asleep.

        End of memory flashback

Tears started to spill over because of all my memories of Spencer and I. That one was by far one of my favorites.

The cuddling part not the bullying. But that was also the last good memory before it all went to shit.