Eight: Late Night

July 1, 2010

It's almost a month since I've joined the Bau and it's been the best!

Except for Spencer

He's been wanting to talk and I'm not willing. I know it's childish to still be stuck up about the past but I can't let that go.

But, I was currently in pens office talking about a team outing and when the next one should be.

"Maybe we could go this weekend?" I suggested. She shrugged.

"We go every other month so we have to plan it out. Depending on where we go too." She told me. I nodded.

"Where is it usually?" I asked.

"Most of the time it's at Rossi's but my favorite's at o'Keefe's." She replied. I looked at her confused.

"O'Keefe's a bar." She elaborated. I nodded and shook my head.

"I don't know if I want my boss to know who I am drunk" I told her. Her smile turned into a devilish one.

"They leave after about two hours." She replied. I smiled sheepishly.

"Well that's good for me." I said. She chuckled and rolled towards her computer. I laughed and said my goodbyes as I was ready to leave.

I walked to the elevators and waited for the lift to arrive. It didn't take long, only about 30 seconds but when I stepped in, I saw Spencer speed walk towards me.

My eyes widened but I didn't want to be rude and press the close button. I couldn't talk to him though, so I hopped the doors would close before he came in.

Well shit

I thought as he stepped into the elevator. I sucked in a breath but stayed looking forward. I could feel his eyes on me. And see. The elevator walls were reflective so I could see him.

The silence was awkward as we sat there. I couldn't stand it, so I decided to make small talk.

"Some run you made." I said. He chuckled a little and loosened up a bit from his tenseness.

"Yeah, I-I'm not a runner. You should know that of all people." He told me with little sarcasm. I huffed at him but stayed quiet.

After a second, Spencer had to talk about the 'incident'

"I know you don't want to hear it but, I'm sorry. I-" he started but I cut him off.

He can't just leave me be, can he?

"Spencer, I think you just want closure." I told him and made eye contact for the first time in a long time.

"W-what?" He asked stunned.

"I think you want closure for the horrible thing you did. And you know what? I'm not taking your apology. I bet it's been eating away at you for years. And now you get the chance to apologize but I don't want it. I don't forgive you." I replied firmly. He looked upset but mostly apologetic.

He didn't say anything for the next ten seconds we were on the elevator for. I was a little pissed off that he didn't try to argue but it was probably for the best.

Time skip

July 19, 2010

Penelope invited the team for a drink after work. I agree but wasn't gonna get drunk. She whined but was fine with it.

At the bar, I arrived in my close from work. Penelope was already handing out shots as I sat down.

Across from me was Spencer. He was eyeing me but didn't say anything. Since the elevator incident, he hasn't tried to talk to me. I didn't know if I was upset or happy. Either way it didn't matter.

Throughout the night, we talked about family stuff and weekend plans. Some team members asked about family and stuff, asked about Spencer.

As profilers you'd think they'd know when someone's uncomfortable.

After about two hours, Rossi and Hotch left. Just like pen told me. I only had one drink so I was good for now. Then we started to play games like truth or dare, two truths and a lie, never have I ever. All that jazz.

"Alright, Y/n! Your turn!" Emily yelled at me. Yes, we were playing two truths and a lie but we were having fun. We tested out our lying skills as well.

"Ok, ok! Ah, I never smoke, I have an obsession with Ryan Reynolds and I have ah, a small book collection." I told them.

Now, half of them were drunk and didn't know. Except Spencer. He was shocked.

"Oh, you've never smoked before!" JJ yelled at me. I laughed at that with a smile.

"No! She definitely has a big bookshelf!" Derek replied with the same volume. Penelope was still. It was scared even if she wasn't drunk.

"You DON'T have an obsession with Ryan Reynolds?" Penelope said quietly. I looked at her sheepishly and her grin widened.

"OMG I figured it out before the profilers did!" She cheered I chuckled but nodded. I was not obsessed with Ryan Reynolds, but Cris Evans. Maybe...

After that was a long talk of movies, a crying session with pen and a ride home from me and Spencer.

I brought home Penelope and Emily as Spencer brought home JJ and Derek. After that, I walked into my apartment and fell asleep within seconds.

An: sorry, short and I didn't have motivation to write in the past two days lol 🐸