Nine: Case back home

July 18, 2010

I was sitting at my desk as usual working when I saw Penelope run to Hotch's office. I heard groans from the group as it was almost the weekend and a case was coming.

I looked over at Emily's desk to see her already looking at me. I smiled and started to collect my things.

"Where do you think it's gonna be?" She asked me. I shrugged.

"Probably Louisiana. It has the highest murder rates in the country so the probability is high." I told her. She chuckled to herself as we walked towards the conference room.

"What?" I asked her because of her chuckle. It was either to make fun of me or to laugh at it. I couldn't tell.

"Nothin'." Emily replied. I shook my head at her as Penelope walked in. We all looked up at her to see a bunch of bodies on the board.

"Well, we are heading to LA my friends! To the home land of the doctors! There recently have been about four murders in the last month..." Penelope told us as I didn't really listened to the rest. I was to busy reading over the file.

The first murder was messy. It was uncoordinated and it wasn't clean very well. The next three are clean nicely and coordinated. How are they connected?

"But the first murder is really different from the next three, are they even connected?" I asked. The team looked over at me briefly before looking back at the case.

"Probably a tester. See if they like the feeling of killing then try to clean it up. They get good at it and perfect it." Morgan answered. I nodded and then it made more sense.

After a couple more minutes of talking and theorizing, Hotch called wheels up and headed to the bull pen.

I went for my desk and go-bag when, of course, I heard a cough. I turned around to see Spencer.

"I know you don't want to talk, but this isn't about me this time." He said first. I sighed and nodded. I didn't want to talk to him but I'll live this once.

"Since were going to LA uh, my um. My mom might want to see you." Spencer said. I was shocked. I hadn't seen Mrs Reid in a long time. I don't know if she'll remember.

"Spence, I don't know." I replied then immediately blushed. I had called him 'Spence' back when we were younger I called him that.

"I-it's fine. I just wanted you to have an option." He stuttered. I nodded and headed towards the jet.

Time skip

Sitting on the jet, I was reading.

It was the Harry Potter books. They were my favorite. I'm a Hufflepuff. (You can change it if you're not, it doesn't affect the story lol)

I was on the second book when I felt a presents next to me on the couch. I looked up to see Spencer again. Closing the book, i turned to face him completely.

"...Yes?" I asked after a couple seconds. He blinked a couple times before looking at me fully, like he was spacing out.

"What-whatcha reading?" He asked quietly. I tried my best not to smile, but I did. He asked questions like this when we were younger it was cute.

"Harry Potter."I told him. He nodded but still confused.

"Have you read Harry Potter before?" I asked. He shook his head but smiled. I huffed and grabbed the first book I had with me.

"Here, read." I said and put the book in his lap then went back to my book. He didn't move for a second and I thought he would hand me the book back but when I turned, his face was deep in the pages.