3. Entertaing The Enemy

第3章~ 敵を楽しませる

"I'll be off now

"I'll be off now." Signora said to me before she left.

"Safe travels." I yelled out, as she let out a hearty chuckle in response.

"I'll come back breathing." She yelled out to me.

She was going to Liyue to meet with Rex Lapis about his Gnoiss. I'm surprised he'd just give it up.

I don't know much about the archon; never wanted to get entangled with that man.

Signora already has Barbatos' Gnosis, and now she's off to gather her second.

To be envious is an overstatement, but what I feel could be described as such.

She is, however, an ally.

Therefore, I can't act rash towards her based on my strive to be the best.

She's only at No. 11 as of late, anyway.

It'll take some time before she even hits the top 5.

No need to worry about her. For the time being, anyway.

"Neurim!" Someone called out from inside the palace, to which I turned in response, only for it to be Childe.

"Oh. It's only you."  I responded, which in turn made the male sulk.

''What do you mean 'only me?!' Aren't you excited to see me? We haven't talked in- 2 weeks! All thanks to the balladeer." He said, now giving me a look of distaste.

"Can we keep talking inside the palace, perhaps? Maybe that way no one can hear what you're practically screaming?" I asked him.

"Completely forgot about that.. Okay!"  He said, now walking back into the palace, with me following behind.

"So, I'm going out to get a Gnosis. And I could always use a partner." He started, now looking down at me.

"You're asking me to go with you, right?" I asked him, and got a large nod as a response.

"I don't see why not. I don't have any missions of my own at the moment." I said, showing him a small smile.

Childe wasn't so new anymore, but he's the most recent harbinger to join, the last one after myself.

He's outgoing, and although most people know his reputation, he isn't ostracized as much as I
am.

He isn't a pain in the ass to be around, and he's quite helpful when you need him to be. I actually enjoy his company to an extent.

But, he doesn't need to know that.

"Really? Thanks! I assure you, it'll be fun!" He said, leading me into his training center.

"I have the file in here. You know how Signora is trying to get Morax's Gnosis?" He asked me, now unlocking his center.

"You're.. going after the same one?" I asked him, weary.