13. Realization

第13章 実現

The sun had just arisen, and the sky was exceptionally clear

It was as if the events that transpired yesterday never happened.

It was so.. Peaceful.

As the two harbingers stood on the dock, no words were exchanged between them.

It was a comfortable silence, one which they were content with just listening to the waves crash against each other.

That was, before the girl spoke to her companion.

"I won't be gone for long." She reminded him, to which he sighed.

"I know. I wish I could go with you, though."

"It'll only be for a couple days! I'm sure you can survive without me~" She teased, which made him roll his eyes.

"Please. I've survived millennia's without you. A week or two won't phase me." He said, before watching the ship pull in.

She had to go back to Snezhnaya to inform the other Harbingers, plus the Tsaritsa, of Signora's passing. She knew that this news would completely devastated everyone in the Fatui; Signora's presence was always valued.

Because of this, she dreaded having to share the news with everyone, but it needed to be done. As the captain of the ship called out that boarding had begun,

Scaramouche enveloped her in a tight hug, as she stood there in shock.

She giggled softly, before returning the hug.

"I wish you could stay.." He whispered to her, as she broke the hug to give him a quick kiss on his lips.

"Y'know I can't." She said, before cupping his face.

He rolled his eyes at her; "You're leaving me for days and that's the best kiss you can muster?" He said, before pulling her in by the waist, and giving her a passionate kiss.

She smiled into the kiss, and put her arms wound his neck, as she deepened the kiss even further.

He tried to turn the simple kiss into a makeout session, before she pulled away with a smile on her face.

"You'll get that when I come back. You said you can survive without me for a week or two right?" She said, while he pouted.

"I know what I said. Just go so you can come back already." He said, before taking her luggage and going on the ship.

She looked back at Inazuma one last time: It seemed as though everything was.. Lighter. As if a massive weight has just been lifted from the whole region's shoulders.

People seemed livelier, and much happier than all the other days she was on the island. She didn't know what it was.. But she was happy for the people.