15. Thrive in the Limelight, and forget all that will come

第15章 脚光を浴びて栄え、これから起こることはすべて忘れる

Her form shook slightly, as she opened her eyes to a tired Scaramouche

Her form shook slightly, as she opened her eyes to a tired Scaramouche. She groaned, and turned herself over, before hearing a loud banging on her door.

"What the hell..."

"That's been going on for 10 minutes. " He groaned out, as someone banged on the door once more.

Irritated, she got out of the bed, and threw on a robe, before opening the door and glaring at the lieutenant in front of her.

He gulped after seeing her expression, before opening his mouth to speak, as he wrapped her hands around his neck.

"Why the hell were you banging on my door?"

"H-Her majesty requested you and the other Harbingers' presence immediately! P-Please dont hurt me– I have a Family!" He yelled out, before she dropped him on the floor.

"I'll be there shortly." She said, before closing the door in his face, before groaning as Scaramouche laughed.

"And what is so funny?"

"I think that guy just pissed himself." He said, giving the girl a smirk as he got out of the bed.

She rubbed her temple as he walked over to her, planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Don't show up in front of everyone looking all angsty." He said, pinching her cheek before she slapped his hand away.

"Just go to your room and get dressed."

"So cold this morning, aren't we?" He pouted, before laughing and leaving her room, not before blowing a kiss in her direction on his way out.

As he closed the door, she looked at the large portrait of The Tsaritsa. She was sitting on an icy blue throne, with a crown adorned with diamonds and sapphires; all the while a stoic look was etched on her face.

She quickly looked away, not wanting to look at.. Her for much longer.

She knew it was inevitable: having to deal and or be in contact with her, but she would avoid it now as much as possible.

It was uncomfortable to even think about.

She rummaged through her closet, putting on her normal attire; a sleeveless emerald green top and a long light pink flowy skirt with a large split going up her thigh, with the addition of a golden knife holster on her thigh. Using her vision, she created flowering vines to go along her arms, and finally put on her shoes as she walked out of her room.

She closed her eyes, rubbing her head in dismay, as she was spotted by Arclecchino.

"Your back from Inazuma, I see?" She asked, her hands behind her back.

"Yes.. the mission went well. The Electro Gnosis was obtained for..her." She said, trying to maintain a steady voice in mention of the despicable woman.