Ruby

We stare at the large dark red ruby just laying there on our coffee table

We stare at the large dark red ruby just laying there on our coffee table. Shadow feeling a lot better is pacing from one side of the living room to the other staring at it. I sit on the couch shaking my knee also staring at it. Be been like this for about 2 hours trying to figure out what to do next. The clock on our wall continues to tick in the quiet room. "Sooooo what's the story behind this ruby? Why is it important to her?" I said breaking the silence. "Because it enhances her powers." He responded not stopping his pacing. "Ok your making a rut on our floor could you please stop pacing" I said, he looks down and sees a dent in the floor. "Sorry" he said sitting in the chair next to the couch. "Her real name is Genevieve. She's a sorceress and vampire hybrid. The ruby was made for her by her father when he removed it from the bottom of a volcano." "A volcano how original oh I bet it was cursed right?" I said sarcastically. Shadow looks at me with annoyance in his eyes. "This is serious knux. Anyways yes it was cursed but instead it was a blessing. Apparently Genevieve was destined for it and it granted her more power. Her mother overtime manipulated her daughter to use it for her selfish reasons. When Genevieve turned 17 she was angry with her parents and used the ruby to preform the unthinkable. She murdered her own parents and took over the town over night, then sought to take over the country then the world. Her mind was corrupted her heart became dark. She became Dark Gia for she was remaking the world In her dark image. It almost worked until my mother and my Uncle knocked the ruby from her grasp and smashed it in half. Gia was then sent away to parts unknown. My mother has one half of the ruby we have the other." "But how did it get to the college and was hidden?" "That I actually don't know but since I can sense the ruby I knew it was there. Recently my uncle warned me about her escape and I had to find and secure our half." He finished. "So how do we do that?" I asked. "Thats what I been trying to figure out. As far as I know she thinks it's at the campus." He said laying his head back. I lay back on the couch and click my tongue in my mouth. Once again it's quiet in our apartment. The sun comes through the window and reflects on the ruby revealing engravings inside. "Shadz look!" I sat up and pointed to the ruby. "What?" He said sitting up. "Theres writing in the ruby!" He looks where I'm looking and seemed confused. "I don't see it." He said. I write down the symbols of an old language before the suns light disappeared. I show him what was written and his eyes widen. "What the hell? How could you see that and not me?" He asked. I shrugged but was reading what I wrote down and translated it on a separate sheet. "Just to be safe I'm not reading it allowed but it looks like we got it all in one piece." I said. Shadow stares at the translation. We need to call my mom something seems off but your on to something!" He said. We get up to the video calling station (like they have in the Jetsons) and type in his parents video calling station id and number. Gotta love future tech. She answers while getting pampered in the palace salon. "Hello boys what do I owe the pleasure this morning?" "Hey mom about the ruby..." shadow starts before she holds her hand up. We watch her turn to the nail tech asking them to let her speak with us alone. They bowed and left. "Go on" she said. "Ok could we see it? In like some kind of light?" He asked. "Why?" She wondered. "Because knuckles just saw this inside our half and was able to translate it but some of the words are missing." "I can guarantee there's no writing on my half." She said sternly. "Mom please" I watch shadow give puppy eyes to his mom which made her cave in. "Fine fine!" She said. She calls for her brother Vladimir to bring the ruby. He brings it in along with a light and shines right through it. "Knux you see any writing?" He asked me. I nod and grab a notebook and pen writing it down. I walk back to the original and try to place it together. I finally decoded it. When I got up to show them I see his mother and uncle looking for the writing I see. "Ummmm are they ok?" I asked shadow. "They're looking for what you see just like I did." He replied. "Here Marina and Vladimir." I hold up the paper and their eyes widen. "THATS UNBELIEVABLE!" Marina said. "Indeed how did you see it?" Vladimir asked. Once again I shrugged. "Shadow asked me the same question but I actually don't know." They look at each other amazed that I have discovered a secret to this ruby.
"Well we will look into the translation over here I suggest you two do the same." Vladimir spoke up. We nodded and said goodbye before hanging up.

I lay there not being able to sleep. The fact knuckles has found something that could ether bring down or help Gia. I still wonder how he was able to see it and I couldn't. I turn my head seeing his purple eyes covered as he sleeps so peacefully. "He's so fucking cute" I thought for a moment. I carefully get up from the bed and head into the living room to get something to drink. A dark figure dashes from behind. The sounds of papers falling makes me jump. I walk over to the ruby to see everything he write were spread across the floor. I look around and sense no one else in our apartment. "Weird" I thought as I pick up the papers. As I was picking them up I bumped on the coffee table spilling my water. "Shit" I whispered frantically trying to save Knuckles discovery. Yet the words from both pages perfect sentences.

When I saw the words "Guardian" and "Angel Island" I knew the ruby has something to do with Knuckles's ancestors.