The Truth

I picked up Knuckles body and saw the cuts on his neck. I ran us back to the dorm and lay him down on his bed. "He's gonna ask me so many questions when he wakes up..... and I'm gonna have to prepare myself to tell him the truth." I say to myself as I put band aids on his cuts and gave him a kiss on his head. I curled up next to his sleeping body and fall asleep.

My eyes open staring at my calendar that I have hanging next to the bed of the dorm. I look down to see shadow sound asleep on my chest. I put my hand on neck and felt band aids covering my cuts. "Shadow?" I whispered tapping his arm. He wakes up and wipes his eyes. I turn on the lamp hurting both our eyes by it's sudden brightness. "How you feeling?" He asked getting up to get me some hot tea. "Um frightened a bit, confused and questioning my existence." I said taking the mug when he hands it to me. I watch shadow lean his head on the wall at the foot of my bed as I take a long sip. "Ask me anything and I'll tell you what you need to know." He said wanting to get it off his chest. "Ok for starters are you the prince of vampires?" I wanted to get that off my chest. He nodded. "My older brother Darius is next in line since I refuse to be king but I'm allowed to keep my prince title. Our older brother Scythe died 10 years before Darius and I were born in a war between an enemy vampire kingdom." He said looking down. "I'm so sorry Shadz" I said putting my hand on his leg. "It's alright my parents and Uncle have told me he would've teased us every day but he knew if we were born in war we wouldn't have a chance." He smiled. "Anymore questions?" "How old are you?" "121 years old. I'm surprised that wasn't your first question." "I didn't want to be rude" I said with a pout as he burst out laughing. "What about what the guy said about my blood being rare and that I am your mate?" "Sigh I knew this was gonna be the question I'm gonna risk possibly loosing him when I give him the answer" "So you know how we just had chemistry before we even kissed?" I nod "That was an indication that we were destined to meet and once we kissed it was set." "That explains everything I felt... during the kiss." I blush as I smile. "Now for your blood I actually have no idea how that rumor started." Shadow looked down confused himself about it. "Anything else?" "Yeah does your friends know about you and rouge?" "Yes Our friends know about us in fact my uncle is training Daisy and Luigi as hunters to kill the bad vampires so vampires like me and rouge could live in peace." He said. "Speaking of peace...... Peach wants to talk to you tomorrow with Sonic." He said with a worried tone. "Am I in trouble with Peach for fighting in her palace I wouldn't blame her....." I look down feeling guilty. "No she's not mad at you. A little bit at sonic but she believes you two should talk it out." I nod not wanting to but I want to make peace. "One more question....."  I asked blushing setting my mug on the nightstand. "Ok....." I push back my fur a bit. My cheeks red as I looked down and asked. "Do you mark your mates like werewolves do?" I look back up and see his eyes widen surprised. "Um" he clears his throat rubbing the back of his neck. "Only during the mating process..... yes we mark our mates" he blushes hard. I crawl up to him and kiss him deep.

"Then I'm ready~"