Chapter 27

Goldheart's POV

Goldheart watched Oakleaf vanish through the trees running with all his might, blood dripping down his pelt.

Serves him right. We'll never have to see him again... I hope.

Silverstone came down the great maple tree carrying Mistkit, while Bronzetail followed after with Shadowkit dangling from his jaws. They both put the kits down, and gently licked their pelts.

"Are you two alright?" I mewed sympathetically.

"Do we look fine? No! Mistkit was about to fall! What if she died?!" Shadowkit answers, fear filling his voice.

"Don't worry, Shadowkit. Mistkit is fine now. We won't let anything happen to you again." Silverstone says softly.

"I'll watch the kits while you two talk. You really need it." Bronzetail whispers in my ear.

I lick his ear in response.

"Thanks." I mutter to him.

*~*~*~*~*~**~*~~**~*~*~

"Goldheart, about what you said earlier..." Silverstone begins to say.

"It was all true. Every word of it. Silverstone, from the moment I saw you, I knew you were something special. I fell in love for you, I really did."

"It's too bad that your dead.." Whispers Silerstone, as she turns her head away.

"Well, this is how things are." I meow, even though I feel the sadness cracking in my throat.

Why, oh why did I have to die!

"Goldheart, what if there is a way to change all of this?"

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously.

"I mean.. What if you can restore yourself to your body?"

"Are you trying to say that you want to 'bring me back from the dead'? Silverstone that's mouse-brained! Once someone died, it means they are gone."

"But what if there was a way to bring you back?" Silverstone replied, obviously ignoring everything I just said.

"Silverstone that's imposs-"

"Actually, there is a way" meows some cat.

I pick up the scent of a flame-colored she cat with blazing blue eyes.

Flamestar? What is she doing here?

"Flamestar? Did you really mean it when you said there is a way to bring Goldheart back?" Silverstone asks.

"Yes, I did." Flamestar replies, as she neatly raps her star-covered tail around her paws.

"But how is that possible?" I say, shocked and surprised at the same time.

"Goldheart, you weren't supposed to die young. In fact, your destiny, your fate, was interpreted wrong." Flamestar says. "When you were a kit, you weren't supposed to be rejected by Duskflower. And Duskflower knew this. But she chose to do the opposite. She questioned and quarreled with Starclan constantly. She-"

"What a minute." I interrupt. "Why did Duskflower know my fate anyways? Doesn't Starclan keep that information to themselves?" I ask.

"Well, that's where we went wrong. Frostshine, who trespassed into Starclan at that time, overheard the cats of Starclan discussing your fate as well as Silverstone's, and she reported everything to Duskflower. Duskflower then wanted to change your fate. I would always tell her that you cannot change another cat's destiny, but she never did listen. However, in the end, her destiny was to die all along."

"Now, back to what I was saying earlier." Continues Flamestar. "Goldheart was never fully dead when he joined Starclan. That's why he doesn't really look like a dead cat. Look at Goldheart's pelt compared to mine."

I look at myself in a small puddle of water.

My reflection stares back at me.

I have a golden-brown thick coat with brown stripes. My amber eyes blaze back at me. But my pelt isn't really all star-covered. I look like a normal cat, but at the same time I don't.

I look like I'm half-dead and half-alive.

"Flamestar, you're right! Goldheart's pelt does look different from yours!" Silverstone tells her.

Flamestar's flame-colored pelt is covered in star-dust and a shimmering glow is gleaming onto her.

She does look different than me!

"So, Flamestar, how do we get Goldheart to become, well.. Alive?" Silverstone asks.

"Well, that's the complicated part." Flamestar mews. "You have to give up something, or someone, to show your ancestors if Goldheart is worth giving a second life."

"What? That's mouse-brained!" Silverstone yells. "Of course Goldheart deserves a second chance! It's not his fault that his mother tried to change his destiny!"

"I'm sorry, Silverstone. It's just the way things are. And besides, Goldheart tried to kill Jaywing. Not once, but twice!" Flamestar meows. "Some cats don't think he should be trusted again."

"Jaywing ended up dying anyways.." Silverstone whispers with her head down.

I give her a sympathetic lick on the ear. "I'm sure he is doing well in Starclan." I tell her.

"Wait! I just remembered something. Jaywing never had an apprentice! Who will become the next medicine cat?" Silverstone says.

"Why don't you take over the role until one of these kits might want to become a medicine cat? After all, you use to be Jaywing's apprentice for awhile." Flamestar replies.

"Me? No. I couldn't. My heart belongs in the trees, with the wind in my pelt. Not inside some dusty den sorting herbs all day." Silverstone shudders.

"Hey! There is more than being a medicine cat then sorting herbs!" Speaks a small voice.

"Mistkit? I thought you were with Bronzetail." I tell her.

"Bronzetail is-"

"Right here. Don't try to escape next time!" Bronzetail says with Shadowkit in his jaws.

"Maybe Mistkit would be medicine cat once she's older." I whisper in Silverstone's ear. "And you can train her."

"But I forgot practically everything about being a medicine cat! " she exclaims.

"I'm sure Jaywing will visit you often to help you out. Starclan won't let you down." I reply.

"Okay.. I'll do it. Its only temporary anyways."

"Oh and about giving someone or something up, what exactly do you mean, Flamestar?" Silverstone asks.

"I mean that some cat must give up their life for Goldheart, or give something up that they value."

"Flamestar, this is crazy! No cat should die for me." I exclaim.

"I'll do it." Bronzetail meows.

"No! Bronzetail I've only met you. And you're my half brother! You won't die just for some stupid mistake I did." I tell him.

"But-"

"You won't. Because I have something else to give up." Interrupts Silverstone.

"My power."

**********
1040 words you guys!! Yay!! I tried to make this chapter long.

So Chapter 28 is going to be the last chapter of Goldheart's Fate. But I came to the conclusion of making a book 3 !! I'll give you guys more details in the next and final chapter.

And please forgive my grammar mistakes and short chapters. This is the first time I've ever attempted to write books. Hopefully book 3 will be much better!

Stay tuned for chapter 28!!

~Nightstream OUT