Mysterious Ways

Demi's POV

"I knew it Demi! We should've kept her safe here with us! Few weeks with you and she's already in harms way!" Mom screamed at me on the phone

"She was spiked mom, not exactly stabbed straight to the heart." I say annoyed.

"Don't you dare smart mouth me, Demi!" She said sternly

"Mom! She's safe now! She's sleeping ang the drug's been pumped out of her system! She'll be out tomorrow!"

"One more slip up Demetria. One more." She said.

That's when I lost it. "Oh come on! Don't fucking pretend you care for her! You only care of proving me not worthy enough and you better than me! You don't give a single flying fuck about what's gonna happen to Dani!" I shouted and ended th call.

"You really shouldn't have fought with mom." I hear Dani speak. I turn my head and walk towards her hospital bed. "I mean... If it's for me it's not worth it." She said.

"I- no Dani. Just ignore it. It was just a little argument with mom and I."

"Wow. Mom and I. Not me and mom, that's a first." She said sarcastically and smiled. "So you have one last chance eh?"

"You- you heard that?"

"You were on speaker and you didn't notice so yeah I was listening."

"Dani, don't listen to her. She won't do anything like that."

"Well, she's managed to keep me hidden for 14 years, surely she can do something like that with a bat of an eyelash."

"Well, I won't let it happen."

"And what immortal hand or eye dare to frame thy fearful symmetry?"

"Wha- Dani wha-"

"It's a poem by William Blake, you should try and read it." She says smiling. "If you're windering where Paxon is he's getting coffee and I want to sleep. Night."

"Dani it's 2 in the afternoon."

"Irregular sleep patterns. Night." She shrugged and was out in seconds.

**********

"Oh, Demi! You're here!" Paxon said opening the door.

"Welp, I am!"

"How's Dani?" His tone suddenly changed to happy to concerned. He settled the coffee down on the table next to the bed and stood next to her.

"She's okay. She was awake before you came in." I answer and he nods. There's definetly something going on here. "Paxon, do you like Dani?"

He looks at me slowly and then back at her.

"No." He answered shaking his head. His ehebrows raised and is pretending to smile. Let's hust give him the benefit of the doubt for now. It will come in the right time. "So, did Jessica really did it?"

"They found the bottle, yes water was spiked. Still no proof Jessica did it."

"But who else would do it?"

"I don't know Paxon, I don't know."

**********

Dani's POV

I was finally was allowed to changed into my notmal clothed and out of the grunmy hospital gown. It's disgusting.

"So, Dani... Jessica spike the drink." Simon confronted me

"Yeah."

"How do you say so?"

"Well. She was under drugs."

"Drugs? How'd you know?"

"Well, that's under classified information."

"If you would just-"

"No Simon. I know you think I'm kinda deluded-crazy possibly- right now. Just leave it alone. I'm not dead, I did the second auditions. You think I'm crazy, and you'll believe nothing that comes out of my mouth. Goodnight I need to sleep."

"Dani, it's 3 pm."

"Irregular sleep patters grandpa." I say grummily.

*******
Demi's POV
"She's talking drugs Demi! She's absurd!"

"Well she told you to leave it alone Simon so do it!"

"Demi, you have to restrain her."

"Goddamnit Simon! Just leave it alone! She thinks that you think she's crazy and I know she's never gonna talk about it so just shut the fucking hell up!"

"Okay Demi! Calm down! I won't talk about it."

"Fine. I have to go."

"Okay."

"Oh, and one word to the press and I'm literally gonna break something." I warned and stepped out

**********
"How'd you know she's taking drugs?" I hear Paxon say.

"I have my ways." I hear her whisper. "I don't wanna talk about it." She says and I come inside.

"Mysterious ways." Paxon said. I look at him, and then collapsed on the couch.

"And Dems..." Dani called emerged from the kitchen with a cup of coffee

"Hm?" I ask looking at her.

"It's bad to eavsdrop." She winked and climbed the stairs, probably to sleep.

"How did she know that?" I turn to Paxon, who's sitting next to me.

He looks at me, smiles and looks at the TV.

"Mysterious ways, Demi." he said "Mysterious ways."

----------
A/N
Yep, an update ✌🏿️✌🏾️