Second Chances and Exams

I know this is a great, great opportunity but I don't know why I have this nagging feeling that I don't want it. I have this whole life ahead of me, to live semi-normally, and I have this maybe bigger life where I have little to no privacy.

It's not that I don't want it. I don't want the consequences that comes with it. I don't want the risk. I don't want the sacrifice.

But I also know that every good thing comes with both of those things.

"Okay, so. What's all this. What will I do after signing?"

"Well, we have no plans yet. You're still an up and coming artist and though you have a fanbase, it's not big enough."

"It's growing by thousands everyday." Paxon counters.

I feel a pang of irritation. Not a big of a fanbase? You want to control me but you have nothing to offer me?

"That's it. I'm gonna sign and then I'm gonna rot because you thing my following isn't big enough?" I ask shoving pie in my mouth.

"Well..."

"You really thought I was gonna take that offer, huh?"

"Dani."

"No, sorry. I'm not trying to be rude."

"I understand you're upset, but this is an opportunity. It's a rare one." She says.

"No." I say

"No?" Demi asks

"No."

"No. You're not gonna hit up on the offer?"

"What offer? To rot in the dust because they think I'm not good enough? Absolutely not. I'm sorry."

Then my phone rang. Ashely Frangipane

"Excuse me." I say answering my phone. "Ash?"

"Cole! You available?"

"Yeah why?"

"Can we like go to you house? I need to talk to you." She says.

"Ok. Is something up?"

"Yeah, I'll tell you later. Just. Go home now."

"Ok, I'll see you." I hung up. "We have to go."

"Why?"

"Ash- Halsey's passing by our house. Again, thanks but I'm sorry."

-----

Her car is heavily tinted. It's a matted gray SUV. She's with 2 other people.

"You're late." She says

"No I'm not. I never set a time." I open the door. Demi and Paxon got in before me.

Demi wasn't mad but she was sad that I didn't take the offer.

I lock the door behind me and we gathered in the receiving area.

"So. What's up."

"Okay. This is Marise Kubert, a representative from Astralwerks, and Kez Dreggas... you'll know why she's here."

"We were supposed to tall to you days ago, buy we wanted to finalize our offer. But when we heard Hollywood is meeting with you today, we knew we had to make a move."

"Uh, okay."

"Short thing, we want to sign you. We just finalized our offer half an hour ago."

"What do you have for her?" Demi asks.