Top 40?

Dani's POV

Demi stops in front of the studio, dropping me off. I jump out of the car and get my stuff off the trunk.

Here's how it goes:

if you won't make it to top 40, you will still have a chance. You will have a week bootcamp and see the changes and the judges will pick five of you who will go into the four chair challenge. 

There are a hundred and sixty contestants and forty of which are  in the girl category, and today I line up among 40 of them. 

"Hello, goodmorning ladies." Simon says. "We will call out the name of those who will be able to go through the four chair challenge. In the four chair challenge, there you will compete with 39 more contestans, included are the wild cards. The Judges will turn for you, like in The Voice and you will pick which team you want to be in."

The Voice was cancelled this year, basically because Simon bought the right to them so he could use it.

"Okay, lets start I will call 3 names, Demi will call out two, same with Kelly and Naya."

silence. 

only ten of us will go through holy shit. 

"First, Calista Waterhous."

"Andreya McAdams." Demi said

"Lauren Zhang" That was Naya.

"Rece  Withertee" Kelly.

By this time I was already shaking badly. 

"Jessica Rodrigo." She was the one who spiked my drink, Simon. What the fuck. Simon. You're  stupid. Wait, does this mean I'm out? I didn't get in? I was up against her and she's in. I'm DYING.

Oh and also, by this time the 35 of us that remains are sobbing, bawling, whimpering, weeping, while I was letting my tears drop slowly, whitout letting out a single sound and keeping my head down.

"Alyssa Marcum."

"Dominique Adler."

I cant breathe.

"Marcia Jacobs."

Help me.

"Patricia Hadley."

SAVE ME.

"The last one, the best one for all of us actually. We only want to see more emotions from here, so we decided that this is the easiest way for her to show them."

JUST SAY IT OLD MAN. STOP PROLONGING THE FUCKING AGONY. 

"Dani Lovato." 

"Oh holy shit." I say and my knees go weak so i kneel down. "Oh my fuck. I'm so sorry. Thank you." I was crying. Alyssa, Patricia, and Dominique help me to stand up. 

"Congratulations, ladies. You may now go backstage and... I don't know celebrate, maybe."

we all walked backsatge, the three girls still by my side, and we were drying up our tears.

"I can't believe we made it." Dominique said

"I was dying out there." Patricia replied.

"Same though!" Alyssa. 

I still wasn't speaking because I'm still in shock. And I'm not used to talking to people. Paxon was an exemption

"Okay, ladies. Congratulations for the ten of you who made it to boot camp. You will stay in a house, the ten of you for a week before the four chair challenge. You will recieve news daily, including the five wildcards you will be competeing against and only four of you will continue. Let's get you guys settled in because boot camp starts tomorrow." it was the female host of X- factor this year, Daniella Monet form Victorious. 

I hated her character.

They toured us around and in synthesis, it was amazing. A room can fit two each with much space. I paired up with Dominique Adler and Patricia was with Alyssa. I plopped my stuff on one corner and my electric guitar on one side of the room and my acoustic on my bed because I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay long here. 

Dominique on the other hand was at home at once. She fixed her things, set up she's gonna live here forever. 

"I'm so excited for the boot camp. What do you think they'll do to us?" I lay down on the bed

"Probably teach us how to perform live on stage. You know, have appeal and shit." I say and sit up.

"Come on, let's make a video. Let's start a Youtube channel."

"What? No."

"Come on! It'll be fun!"

"Okay, fine. What song?"

"Hm, what song did you sing for the second auditions?"

"They had me sing Wake Me Up. You?"

"Monster by Eminem. Let's mash that two up!"

we spent two hours of mashing the two songs, another hour for me to arrange It on the gutiar while Dominques 'set up'. Two borrowed mics A borrowed lampshade, and her iPhone 6 plus. 

We had a few tries, 5 tries before we got it right, then we just uploded it without editting. Yep, she wanted to be a youtuber, not me so I really don't give a fuck.

"Let's see how many fans we already have." She says

"We'll be lucky if we get a hundred eve, so don't get your hopes up high."

"Why are you so pesimistic?"

"Because I don't like the feeling of being let down."

a/n:

HI OMG AN UPDATE. how's that for a change