The Stage

"Good luck Dani!" Demi said dropping us off in front of the stadium.

We waved at her as she drove off.

"I am gonna puke."

"Yeah, sure. You're just nervous." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes, I really am very nervous, I think I'm gonna faint. And then puke. If that's possible.

We made our way to the registration line. "What category?" The girl asked.

I think I'm a boy, so boy's category please.

"Uh, teens." I said. She placed two rubber bracelets colors blue and red.

"Name?"

"Dani Segera." I said nervously. She looked at me and got the tag on the bottom part. Demi I thought. She gave the tag and I stick to my shirt. I smiled lightly and got out of the line.

As soon as we got out of the line, a dude came to us with a camera.

"Hello, can I interview you? It's kinda for the show."

"Um, yeah, sure." I said. He dragged us to a spot.

"So, say your name, age and where you live." He said and I nodded. He held out his thumb cueing me to start.

"I'm Dani Segera, I'm 13, and I'm for Dallas, Texas."

"Good, now tell me a little about yourself."

"Uh, I'm a very uninteresting person, you know, just a thirteen year old. X- Factor wasn't even a dream until a friend of mine said that I should audition and I was shaking before I got here. If you want to know something different about me, I guess I'll be interesting enough if I say I'm a stunt double..." I trailed off.

"Um, any secrets?"

"My surname, Segera, is really not my real surname. My parents didn't let me use our real surname, because they wanted me to lead a 'normal' life." I said, putting quotations in the air. "So, you may call this rebellion, cause everybody will know who I am. My parents will kill me." I said, smiling, quite laughing.

"Thanks for your time."

"I'm such an epic fail" I said

"No! Not really, you sounded confident." He said. "I should go now."

"Yeah, sure." I said. He smiled and left. I turned to Paxon.

"You ready?"

"No."

"I have an idea."

"What."

"You want to surprise everybody, right?"

"I'm not going inside a box." I said.

"What? No! I was thinking to surprise Demi, just a little bit."

"And how am I gonna do that?"

"Change the song you're gonna sing. Something that she didn't hear you practice."

"The three songs on this disc.... I practice them all." I said.

"Yeah, but you also have your guitar." He grinned. I smiled back, finally catching up with what he's planning

•••••••••••
Four hours and forty five minutes later, Paxon and I are the only people around, except the crews. I was called to backstage. My heart started to beat faster than Demi's driving.
"Good luck hulk hair." Paxon said rubbing my green hair.

Another lady called me to the side stage.

"Step on the X, the judges are ready for you." She said patting my back. I ran to the X.