You're Taking a Risk

June 22, 2016

"I'm taking it." It was dinner time. I cooked the dinner. It was a grilled chicken with tomatoes and white cheese marinated in lemon.

It's actually good considering I didn't know I was doing. It was the last things in our fridge because we've been lazy to actually go to the grocery.

They looked at me. "The offer. I'm taking Astralwerk's offer."

"That's great Dani! Have you told them yet?" Demi asks.

"Nope. I plan to tell Ashley first."

She nods, continuing to eat.

"You two are getting close." Paxon points out.

"We are. Since 2010."

"Mhmmmmm." He says. Wriggling his eyebrows.

"What?"

"Nothing." He grins.

"You are childish. Nothing is up with me and her. She's my best friend."

"I thought I was your best friend."

"No. You're kinda like my brother."

"But I'm kinda like Demi's kid. And you're her sister. Which makes you kinda like my aunt."

"What is this, Once Upon a Time?" Demi asks. Yes she watches it. We watch it together every time its on. She's met Gennifer Goodwin once.

"No. Demi's you're legal guardian. And mine too. So we are family."

--------

It's my graduation. My whole family was there even mom and Ashley.

Our valedictorian gave a very short speech because out of all of us, she hates it most when the Principal gives long winding speeches.

She's also one of the coolest people in school. She's a fangirl and geeks out a lot. Plus she's in a band, one of the greatest drummers I've met with She's even taking up music in college.

Our school is filled with smart, talented people who are forced to be smart rather than be talented but they say fuck it. I'm gonna do my own shit.

Then it was the awarding that took about an hour. Some of us never left the side if the stage to be awarded. Pretty sure I made my family proud.

I wasn't a valedictorian or a salutatorian. I was the first honorable mention, though.

I recieved 2 awards for basketball (MVP and Most wins in the entire year with my team.) And I got to receive the Nye award. I got ranked first in my AP advanced calculus, and second in AP English Literature which was also fun.

We just bought food from somewhere (McDonalds and TacoBell) and two pints of ice cream. One was Mint Chocolate Chip for me and Paxon and half-half of Strawberry and Chocolate for the rest of them.

We headed straight home for our dinner. It wasn't chaotic, though mom and Demi were most far apart from each other. There was definitely tension.

"Hey, I wanna tell you something." I grab Ash from the table and dragged her into the music room.

"What?" She was smiling.

"I... I'm taking the offer of Astralwerks." I smile.

If it was possible, I could swear her smile grew even larger. "Really?" She asks and I nod. She picked me up and hugged me spinning me around. "That's so great! We get to sing our song together now! Wow!" She puts me down.