FRIENDSHIP

Let me introduce you to the new part of me. I became a completely different person after isolating myself and thinking more about the most important things. My grades were improving, I was smiling more, and socializing with people. As I mentioned, my class had only 13 girls and 33 boys. Most of the girls had already formed themselves in groups. However, I had three amazing friends in my class who eventually became my closest friends.

Stella was very mature, kind, friendly, and caring. She was like the big sister among the four of us. Stella cared unstoppably for everyone, even the ones who hurt her feelings in the past. Then there was Britney, the youngest among us, who was magnificently brilliant, pure-hearted, lively, and bright. I loved her eyes which were as beautiful as pearls, and she was honest. She didn't hesitate to express herself when it was time to speak. She never failed to inspire me. Then comes Sarah. Sarah was my sweetheart. She was my sitting partner, and we spent time together every second of the day. Sarah had her issues. Sarah was sometimes dramatic and self-centered. Whenever I was going through something, she listened and consoled me. When she was going through something, I stuck around and listened to her. We had silly fights and periods we weren't friends, but she was someone I was able to completely open up to, in the school. She knew exactly how to cheer me up when I was sad or down.

These three girls taught me it was okay to open up. I was so terrified of judgment and criticism that I never thought I could ever get anyone to call a friend in High School. They taught me true friends are people who help you be and love yourself. They won't try to change you. They won't hate you for being a little clumsy. They will still be your friends even after you let the same guy break your heart a million times. They will listen to your story about your imperfect family. They will be worried about you when you're ill.

I could happily be myself around Sarah, Stella, and Britney. My life in high school would have been completely different and disastrous if I had not met them. I would forever treasure them and appreciate them for being my friends. They taught me friendship, and that is something money can't buy, I believe. 

Things I learned 

1. Discover and Surround Yourself With People Who Are Genuine

You can't tell right from the beginning who is being genuine to you and who is not. My little piece of advice is, spend time with them. Get to know the people who are potential of becoming your "friends". Remember, it is better to be alone than to be with people who stress you. If you are in school, you can spend one lunch break with them, or hop on that bus ride home and have a talk with them. It is difficult to know right away that they are good friends, but it is easy to tell when they are not your kind of people. Trust your instincts and go with it!

2. Give Yourself Time 

No matter what adults say, high school is hard. It is the period and place for you to experience so many things. Give yourself some time to breathe, to accept everything, and to start over when you trip. You need it, you deserve it, and you got it. Take your time and do things one step at a time. There is no need to rush into friendships. Take your time!