BESTIE(Special Chapter)

Best friends forever. We have heard this term over and over again, haven't we? Sometimes, people misunderstand the role of a best friend. In the blink of an eye, everyone around you becomes your best friend. I would like to believe that a best friend is a treasure, irreplaceable love, and trust. Being in the arms of a best friend is one of the definitions of love to me. The warmth of the person who wants nothing but happiness for you, the energy of a person who is down for anything when it comes to you, is something money can't buy. You walk, run, trip, and fall, but your best friend will always hold your hand, encourage you to get off the mud, and keep moving forward.

I had this person. He was supportive and understanding. He saw my smiles, tears, joys, and pains. He knew my past, fears, dreams, and struggles. "You are a good person," he said. During every crisis, he made sure to stand by me and protect me from anything if needed. He was right at my house gate when he heard me crying on the phone. He jumped off fences, broke rules, and turned down friends to see me, to be where I was, and to play along and dream about silly things with me. We made promises to never hurt or let go of each other, to always be happy for each other's success, and to love each other unconditionally. For me, I prayed that when he found someone he loved, she would be everything he wanted because he deserved the best. I loved him with every bit of my love, and I was ready to fight anything that tried to harm him. He was my best friend. I was his best friend.

Life gets tough, and you lose trust in people. My best friend had hurt me terribly before that, and I doubted there could ever be anything between us. I could not picture a friendship between me and my best friend. Regardless of all that, no one understood me the way my best friend did, and I felt the beauty of mutual trust for the first time in my life. I trusted him with all my heart, and so did he. We were inseparable, and nobody could come between our friendship. We had petty fights and arguments, but he embraced my temper. He embraced everything I hated about myself. He admired the things about me that disgusted me. He loved things about me that made me loathe myself. How amazing, I thought.

I am forever thankful for everything he did for me. The unforgettable memories, new experiences together, countless fights, and long night calls, I will lock them safely somewhere in my heart. I have to because, unfortunately, my best friend is gone. Regardless, our memories will always be stuck with me.

The most important thing I learned is that as you grow older, there will be someone near you who cares about and loves you unconditionally. No matter what happens and what you do, that person will pray for everything that makes you happy. They will be there to celebrate your successes and wins, make you smile, support you through thick and thin, and embrace everything you are. When you find them, appreciate it and don't let go because that is your best friend.