CHAPTER 1 ✔

I'm not okay,
But I smile anyways

Omniscient Pov

The sound of glass shattering filled the dubious apartment as the sound of a small body colliding with the hard floor echoed in the tiny room, followed by loud yelling. The small boy whimpered in pain as his delicate frame collided with the rough wooden floor. His father was shouting profanities at the top of his lungs making the omega's body tremble violently as panic seeped through his veins.

Noticing him not responding to anything except trembling, his father was outraged. He started to unbuckle his belt, making the tiny boy's eyes widen and he looked at the man with pleading red eyes, tears filling inside.

"P-lea-ase don't do i-it" The boy tried to stop the shakiness and stutter in his voice because he knew that it will just annoy the older man more but it was the only thing he could do. The man ignored his pleas and continued to unbuckle his belt. He took his belt and started to whip the omega's weak body harshly making him cry out in agony.

"S-s-t-t-" the boy tried to stop the man weakly but the unbearable pain surging through his body was making him unable to speak. He was breathing heavily, hot tears were rolling down his doe eyes onto the floor. The warm red liquid was trickling down from the cuts on his body, staining the wooden ground.

The man continued whipping him until the omega passed out from the pain and blood loss. He gave a hard kick to the limp body of the doe-eyed boy and left.

◎◎◎

Jungkook groaned as he woke up with pain flooding through his system. His back was burning like fire making it difficult for him to sit up or move his body. It was nothing new thing for him but it still hurt like hell. He was used to all this, always getting beaten, whipped and punished for every small mistake he made, or sometimes without any reason at all. He was punished today in the morning because he woke up late today and forgot to make breakfast which was because of the harsh beating he got a day before tomorrow. His stomach was rumbling angrily because it has not been fed for five days.

Being a male omega was considered a curse these days but being a male rogue omega with no pack was the worst. His father and mother got shunned out of the pack when he was 2 years old for a mistake his father did. No pack took them in because they didn't want useless rogues in their pack. They begged several packs to help them, give them some food to eat, a place to live but because of being shunned from the previous pack, everyone thought that his mother and father are traitors.

Therefore, His father decided to settle in a human town. But it was not as easy as it looked. His father bought a cheap and old apartment with one small room, a tiny kitchen and a bathroom. He tried to get a job but he couldn't find one. No one wanted to give job to a weak, scrawny, strangely tall man.

His mom was a lovely and strong woman. She did her best to keep their small family happy. She encouraged his dad when he was sad and depressed and gave him hope when there was none. She was a lovely woman, a gem. His father loved her very much, more than anything.

She gave her part of food to Jungkook so that her son could have a full stomach. She loved her son more than anything and wanted him to become a successful person in life and live happily when he grow up, even if she couldn't. She wanted to see him live happily with his mate.

But unfortunately, she died from starvation and weakness when Jungkook was barely 4 years old. Jungkook and his father were heartbroken after the death, they lost their only hope. From then, his father started drinking alcohol and became a druggie, he wanted to drink up all the pain and misery he felt after losing his wife, his love, his gem. He used all the money they had saved to buy a small and cosy home for drinks, drugs and cigarettes.