Chapter Fourteen

The next few days within the Berry Household wasn't all that interesting. Hiram had told the council about what Mike had told them, and then came the wheel of politics. Rachel tried to keep far away from that aspect of being a Hunter. It bored the hell out of her. The days consisted of blaming everyone for whatever the problem is, theories about the problem but never actually working towards solving the problem till days, or even weeks later.

Rachel was somewhat thankful that it had come around to the next time they had agreed to help train Santana and her Clan. Rachel and Puck stood defensively back to back, surrounded by the clan. Their eyes darted around with precision, ensuring they took in every detail they could. The way they stood, what their eyes told them. And a small movement in Tina's leg told Rachel all she needed to know. A gust of air flew around Rachel as a blur comes from where Tina was standing. Rachel already brought her left arm up and blocked Tina's blow, using her other hand to grab Tina's wrist and twist it. Tina flipped and crashed against the floor.

"Crutch." Rachel simply states before ducking and sweeping her leg to her right, hearing another body hit the floor. She looks over her shoulder to see Sam.

"Yeah, yeah I know." Sam waves at Rachel, knowing exactly what she was going to stay. Sam eyes flit over Rachel's shoulder for a split second, and Rachel turns to see a foot about to strike her face. She had to no time to react and is sent flying into a nearby wall.

"Damn" Rachel groaned as she flexes her Jaw to make sure nothing was permanently damaged. She looked up and saw it was Brittany who sent the blow, and Santana had Puck pinned to the floor with her hand over his mouth. Surrounding Puck were Mercedes and Kurt. She smirked as she over down at Sam and Tina. "You knew I'd counter the two of you, didn't you?" Rachel asks. Sam grins and nods.

"Well, we knew you'd have a little ego boost taking the two of us down. And your boasting opened up a chance for Brittany to attack." Sam explained as she pushes himself up, walking over to help Rachel off the floor.

"How did you take Noah down?" Rachel asks Santana who was now off Puck and pulled him up.

"No trickery, as much as I hate to admit it." Puck admits. "Think she's been holding out on us." Rachel looks over at Santana with a raised eyebrow, to which Santana shrugs.

"I'm not completely incompetent at fighting you know." Santana comments. "Plus, Puck was distracted. Made it easier to attack him." She adds.

"But you were lighter in your feet. Gave very little away, I didn't hear you coming. Good work." Puck nods. Santana wasn't sure why, but she greatly appreciated the comment. Especially since it came from Puck, someone who had been very against them before hand. Was it possible that he was warming up to them? Or was he just in a training state of mind? It was hard to tell.

"Thanks." Santana smiles. "Your pointers from last time really helped." She added.

"Okay, Sam." Rachel calls, turning back to face him. "You're stance is right, but you just charge directly towards your target. You don't want to do that, way too predictable. You want to vary you advancement. Make it harder to perceive your destination." Rachel offers. Sam doesn't talk for a moment, and Rachel was worried she'd offended him.

"And how would I do that?" He asks, resting her mind at ease instantly.

"Have you target in mind. Say me for instance." Rachel begins as she takes a few steps back. "See, you could charge straight for me, but I'd see it coming. But, instead you could start by pulling towards my right. I'll switch my position to counter that, but then you can use your speed to quickly roll to my left just before you attack. Gives me alot less time to react, and you have a few seconds to launch your attack. And them few seconds could be critical. Plan your advance, and execute it." Rachel explains. Sam nods as he takes a few steps back. Everyone else leaves them a good space for them to train, watching Sam intently to see how he would go about attacking Rachel.